Having surgery

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Having surgery

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Aug 21, '09, 11:10 pm

Has anyone here had ever had surgery or an operation before? If so, how did it go for you? Was it a good experience or a bad experience or middle ways? How did you feel with being put to sleep or with the anesthesia?

I have been thinking of having some minor surgery....probably be as outpatient surgery where I could come home the same day hopefully...but since I have never had anything like this before, it is a bit frightening.

I'd be interested in hearing any and all views on this subject. :yes:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Having surgery

Postby dimples » Tue Aug 25, '09, 4:54 pm

I have fortunately never had any surgery done on me. I did give birth and that is the most extreme thing I've been in the hospital for
dimples
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby Thoul » Tue Aug 25, '09, 7:01 pm

I've never had any surgery either, at least not that I can remember. I can't recall ever being in the hospital. Good luck with your surgery, if you do decide to have it. It may be a bit scary, but just remember that for the doctors most minor surgeries are a pretty routine thing they've done hundreds of times. They usually know what they're doing. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Aug 26, '09, 12:49 am

The only real surgery I've had was a tonsillectomy 3 summers ago. It went pretty well really...the recovery, which took 3 weeks, was far worse than the surgery.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Wed Aug 26, '09, 1:33 pm

The only surgery I ever had was done to my eye. Someone threw a broomstick at me and it hit the corner of my eye, dislodging it from the socket. Luckily I closed my eye just before it happened so my eyeball popped out into my eyelid instead of hanging down for all to see. I do remember touching it once before passing out due to the shock of the whole thing and I can say that my eye was pointing downward [6 o'clock position] in my eyelid with the cords that keep it in place pointing upward [12 o'clock position]. Due to adrenaline I didn't feel a thing and of course they gave me anesthesia before operating to put the eye back in it's socket.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 26, '09, 5:39 pm

Wow, that sounds like a rough experience, Darkil. You've trumped every surgery story I have ever heard with that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation