Cartoons

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Postby Tsunami » Sat Oct 27, '07, 11:37 pm

Thoul wrote:Garfield and Gadget! I used to watch those all the time, too. They were great. I watched Heathcliff too, when I could. It was only on a station that we could barely receive, so some days it was watchable and others it was just static.

Another one! Oh, this brings back memories. :mrgreen: Heathcliff was pretty good!

I've seen trailers for an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie that is coming up. That's the next cartoon->movie revival I know about.
I didn't like the way the chipmunks were done. It would've been better, in my opinion, if they just animated all the characters and everything like how they were in the cartoons, rather than change the chipmunks into tiny little, well...chipmunks. :sweat:

And, yes, I also liked that cartoon. :D But I am disappointed in the movie!
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Sun Oct 28, '07, 1:59 am

I couldn't stand the old chipmunks cartoon. That high pitched voice on the main chipmunk just grated on my nerves. That's one movie I will be skipping, if they used the same voices.

Another cartoon revived as a movie this year was Underdog. I haven't seen it yet, but I want to rent it sometime. The previews looked pretty good! :hyper:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 30, '07, 11:17 pm

Tsunami wrote:I didn't like the way the chipmunks were done. It would've been better, in my opinion, if they just animated all the characters and everything like how they were in the cartoons, rather than change the chipmunks into tiny little, well...chipmunks. :sweat:

And, yes, I also liked that cartoon. :D But I am disappointed in the movie!

Yes, I agree completely. Seeing the characters look like actual chipmunks threw me for a loop. I'm not sure what they were thinking there.

I heard of another upcoming cartoon revival yesterday. They're making a G.I. Joe movie. I was never a big fan of the original, but it sounds like this movie will be fouled up as well. Instead of a "real American hero" it's going to be an "international task force." :roll: If they can't even be faithful to that little detail, I hate to think what they will do to the rest of it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 31, '07, 6:46 pm

Thoul wrote:I heard of another upcoming cartoon revival yesterday. They're making a G.I. Joe movie. I was never a big fan of the original, but it sounds like this movie will be fouled up as well. Instead of a "real American hero" it's going to be an "international task force." :roll: If they can't even be faithful to that little detail, I hate to think what they will do to the rest of it.

It's good to hear G.I. Joe is still around. The format they are going to use sounds very different than what G.I.Joe has originally stood for, but I can see how they would gather a whole new group of buyers for the toys by doing this.

And speaking of cartoons, I don't know if anyone has said anything about this one or not, but it was a very popular cartoon that also was successful in a comic book, and in several movies also - Casper, The Friendly Ghost! A great Halloween theme and song too. :jack:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 31, '07, 7:04 pm

There's something I haven't heard anything about for a while. Whatever happened to all that Casper stuff? It used to be huge a few years back, but seems to have faded off again.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Previous

Return to Tubular Television