Carnivorous Trees

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Carnivorous Trees

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 26, '08, 8:34 pm

You remember the Carnivorous Trees, right? In PSIV, we had to rescue Kyra from them when she went off to Garubek Tower on her own. It's an endless battle because no matter how many of the trees you cut down, more grow in their place.

During that battle, how long did you keep fighting before you finally gave up and used the Run command?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 26, '08, 8:45 pm

I think I actually killed over 10,000 trees before finally giving up my first time.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Jan 26, '08, 10:18 pm

I spent quite a lot of time since I kept on fighting until I could go no more. I had exhausted my skills, tp's and healing supplies, my hitpoints were very low and I simply couldn't have survived for two more rounds. I had figured they were boss enemies so I thought running was no option. I accidentally hit retreat and look...I retreated...and the game progressed. I was pretty angry since I had spent an eternity fighting those trees.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Jan 26, '08, 11:50 pm

I can't remember what we did. I think we figured out that they just woudn't stop and we thought we needed to do something before we came back so we ran. But thats what I only guess. We'd have probably died fighting rather than trying to retreat, thinking it was a boss, and we couldn't.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Tsunami » Sun Jan 27, '08, 2:04 am

After seeing my older brother play the game before, I already knew to run. :D But I have fought them before for awhile, though it got boring.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sun Jan 27, '08, 4:45 am

I fought them for a long time the first time as well, until I finally realized there was no winning the battle. Once, I later went up there and fought for as long as I could, just to see if it might be something like Re-Faze. I thought maybe it would end eventually, but that was a no go.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby hugues » Sun Jan 27, '08, 2:35 pm

I didn't fight them too long.. after about 10 I figured there was some item I was missing or something else I had to do first.

In related news, the carnivorous plant isn't such a far-fetched idea: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/01/22/2143809.htm
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 28, '08, 1:51 pm

Huh, interesting. I've never heard of a plant big enough to eat something other than an insect. I'm glad the location is being kept secret. I'd hate to see the mishaps that could happen from someone trying to import that as a new form of pest control.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jan 28, '08, 11:08 pm

lol, well I'd be pretty safe, my mom works at a pest control place.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jan 30, '08, 5:32 am

I defeated about 4 waves before I ran... and about that plant... Wow, just wow.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV