National Treasure movies

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

National Treasure movies

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 12, '07, 11:12 pm

Anyone looking forward to the #2 National Treasure movie due out in theatres on Dec. 21, I think it is? From the previews I have seen of the movie it seems like most of the original cast from the first NT movie are returning in this second one also - Nicholas Cage, Jon Voight, and I can't remember the younger guy's name.

I just watched the first National Treasure movie a few days ago and it was really good, especially when they found the treasure room under the church and all that fire and treasure - whew!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Dec 13, '07, 3:30 am

I like how when they light it and it goes all the way down the cave and they're all just *GASP*!!!XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 6:44 am

That was a great scene. I look forward to seeing the next one. The previews have shown almost everyone from the first movie except the villain.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Dec 13, '07, 7:40 am

Its a good one, eager to see it!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Fri Dec 14, '07, 7:33 pm

No Sean Bean in the new one? :x He was such a great villain in the first movie.

Still, it will be nice to see all the other characters going on another adventure. The first movie was really a great example of good clean fun. That's rare in today's movies.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Rudo » Sun Dec 16, '07, 7:16 pm

Thoul wrote:The previews have shown almost everyone from the first movie except the villain.

I'm not too good with names sometimes. Is that the actor that was also one of the Princes in 'Lord Of The Rings' movie? If so, drat that he may not be in this movie.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 17, '07, 3:59 am

Yes, that's the one. I guess his character would still be in prison after the first movie. Or maybe they're just keeping his involvement a secret so as to not spoil the movie. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: National Treasure movies

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 22, '22, 6:26 pm

Had to go a way back in the thread to find this topic and bump it up. It has been a very long time since the last movie. Both previous movies were great!

Now, it looks like we may finally be seeing another movie. Seems like a script may have been sent to actor Nicholas Cage:

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/natio ... tQKg7227ug

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: National Treasure movies

Postby myau56 » Wed Aug 24, '22, 11:34 am

Great to have Nicholas Cage ! :clap: :hyper:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master