Capcom's Punisher arcade game

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Capcom's Punisher arcade game

Postby MrKite » Wed Feb 16, '11, 1:49 am

You've heard me talk about the NES Punisher game, now I want to talk about another one. This was a wicked cool game. It was a beat 'em up in the vein of Final Fight. Player 1 was The Punisher, and Player 2 was Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., and it was so fun to play. Capcom made this, and this still makes me wonder why The Punisher was never in any of the Marvel vs. Capcom's.

TRIVIA:One of the game's music composers was Yoko Shimomura.

Last edited by MrKite on Wed Feb 16, '11, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Capcom's Punisher arcade game

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 16, '11, 5:05 am

Sadly, I don't recall ever seeing this one in the arcades. I wasn't very interested in Punisher back in the day so I might have skipped it then anyway. It looks like a good old fashioned beat-em up, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Capcom's Punisher arcade game

Postby H-Man » Mon Feb 21, '11, 11:31 am

Ah yes, it was an awesome game in that it was part beat'em up, part shooter. I used to play this one a lot, although I think I was a bigger fan of Captain Commando and Aliens vs. Predator. I was always surprised at some of the villains in the game, which included one of the Reavers (the one who was half human/cyborg, half tank), who's more associated with Wolverine and the X-Men than with Nick Fury and the Punisher.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Return to Retro Roundup