Candy Hearts

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Candy Hearts

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Feb 14, '08, 8:09 am

Anyone remember those little candy hearts that come in different colors and have little messages or little words on them, like " U R Cool", etc.? We (the whole class) used to exchange them with valentine's day cards sometimes in school. And, speaking of valentine's day cards, do you remember the little cards, some of them with glitter on them, and there was always a "teacher card" in every pack too? It was always neat to get a pack of superhero valentine cards - some to exchange and some to keep, lol.

Sounds kinda silly now, I guess, but it was fun all the same.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby DrkTr14ce » Thu Feb 14, '08, 5:07 pm

Yes, and yes. I never liked those candies. Tasted like chalk to me. (And yes, having been a hyper and curious child, I know what chalk tastes like.) I don't remember cards with glitter, though. But I do remember themed ones, like the Superhero ones. I don't remember which ones I got, though. Man, it's been a while...
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby snowdragon » Thu Feb 14, '08, 7:17 pm

i remember those candys. i still get them sometimes.
A Knight is sworn to valor,
his heart knows only virtue,
his blade defends the helpless,
his might upholds the weak,
his word speaks only truth,
his wrath undoes the wicked

(The Old Code - Dragonheart )
snowdragon
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 130

Postby Tsunami » Thu Feb 14, '08, 8:55 pm

DrkTr14ce wrote:Yes, and yes. I never liked those candies. Tasted like chalk to me.
Agreed, I never liked the candy hearts. :yuck: The chalky taste is the first thing that comes to mind, really.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Reno » Thu Feb 14, '08, 9:14 pm

I love those little candy hearts and their chalky texture! :wink:

I remember the cards somewhat, but I don't remember ever seeing any specifically for a teacher. Most of the ones I remember had Disney characters on them from whatever movies were out back then.
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Thoul » Thu Feb 14, '08, 11:28 pm

Ah, good times back then. I never tried the candy hearts, that I can remember. They looked like chalk and felt like chalk, so I expected them to taste that way too. :lol: Kids today have it so much better. They can get M&Ms with those kinds of messages, which actually taste pretty good.

I don't recall glitter cards, either, but I do remember all the little themed ones. You know, they still make those sometimes. I see them in the stores a lot, usually based on movies.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Delectable Delicacies