Cameras

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Cameras

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 14, '08, 2:30 pm

What kind of camera do you use for taking pictures?

I have a Kodak digital camera that is a few years old now, but I suppose already outdated when compared to new cameras. It uses 3.1 megapixels, but I think cameras are up to 8 or more now.

Remember the old Polaroid cameras, the ones that took instant pictures that would develop on their own automatically over time? I grew up on those. They are soon going to be a thing of the past; the company is no longer making the film.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/12/08/pola ... index.html
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 15, '08, 10:52 pm

I think we use a digital for taking most pictures, but yeah, I do remember the old film cameras. They were very popular in their day, but alas, I too think their day has come and gone for the most part. As with everything else, some people will not want to part with them, but that is the wave of the future. What is popular today will be out of style tomorrow, and so it goes.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Jan 14, '09, 4:15 am

I got a new camera for christmas! I dunno much about cameras but the box says Olympus Evolt-410. Its a really fun camera. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Lemina » Thu Jan 15, '09, 11:54 pm

Playing with my parent's Polaroid camera was one of my pastimes as a kid. Convenient and cool then, but not so much now; I guess seeing your picture come out over a few seconds time isn't cool anymore. :gloomy:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Darkil » Fri Jan 16, '09, 1:30 am

I generally use my blackberry's camera which I don't know the pixels off hand. Today at work I won a contest which gave me a Sony Cyber-Shot 8.1 Megapixels and some other neat options[I don't want to bore anyone with these unless they ask].
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 16, '09, 10:32 am

I have digitial camera I can't recall the brand of it at this moment however. :?

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jan 16, '09, 2:59 pm

I have a digital one. I can't recall the brand off the top of my head...nor do I particularly care. It works, that's all I care about.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Schala Zeal » Wed Jan 21, '09, 6:38 pm

I use the disposable cameras! :lol: The digital cameras that I've seen are too expensive for me right now. I plan to get one eventually, just not right now. ^_^
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby LordShibas » Sun Jan 25, '09, 3:54 pm

I just bought a Kodak Easy Share M863 recently. 8.2 MP. It was only $130. I bought it with intentions of taking pictures of my gaming collection, but I have yet to do so. Basically I've used the thing once and it has been sitting in the box ever since.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Return to Casual Conversation