Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Calling Raven

Calling Raven

View Gallery Page

Post subject: Calling Raven
PostPosted: Sat Dec 4, '10, 2:02 am 
Finished another. ^_^ This is ANOTHER Raven, but this time I used my new charcoal pencils, for the most part. And some metallic pencils. Put simply, I am VERY happy with how this came out. A photo honestly doesn't do it justice, but it's all I have. This was messy and fun to draw. Very fun. :)

Post subject: Re: Calling Raven
PostPosted: Sat Dec 4, '10, 9:53 am 
Ravens are strange birds sometimes, aren't they? I've encountered quite a few on my more recent walks, mainly because the areas I've been in are rockier. They sometimes follow you or at least that's what I think. Very distinctive call.

Anyway, you've done good CW. :) Charcoal pencils are supposed to be quite messy, but I don't see much sign of that here. Good job.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 5, '10, 8:24 pm 
The drawing looks quite clean to me too, but I beat the pencils make something of a mess when you use them. :lol: Anyway, this is a great representation. The raven looks like it's about to jump off the page and cackle "Nevermore." ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 8, '10, 10:02 pm 
Very nice drawing, CW! Although I have to admit the Raven is not one of my favorite birds, however, you have done a wonderful job here. I always think of The Raven as an eerie, spooky bird. Maybe because of Edgar Allen Poe's poem, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 9, '10, 6:06 am 
This is wonderful, CW. You really did an excellent job catching it mid-call. I love ravens. They are eccentric birds with a look of personality. Very smart, too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 9, '10, 3:38 pm 
Thanks everyone. You guys help me feel better in my down times, which I'm still stuck in. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, '10, 12:13 pm 
NEVERMORE!!!!

I mean, excellent artwork, CW.

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]