California Fires

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 5, '07, 10:58 pm

Good point, Neithird. Yeah, I think it is part of the constitution or laws or something or other that you have to be born in the USA. Still, if anyone can get it changed, it will be Arnold, I think. I think most people think of him as a USA guy sort of since he has been here so long already. I think he has been here over 30 years or so. After that long, I think they should cut him some slack. :yaknow:

Interesting point about Arnold running for Senator, etc. I wonder if he will want to when he finishes his term of Gov., or if he will decide to be through with politics forever. He can always fall back on acting if he needs the money. I think he likes politics for the power thrill, and wouldn't be surprised to see him go as far as he can there. Especially with a wife like Maria Shriver, who is closely related to the Kennedy family, who seem to have politics in their bloodstream, if ya know what I mean.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 5, '07, 11:00 pm

Oh, I meant to comment on the fires too. Did anyone else hear that one of those fires was supposedly started by a boy playing with matches? That is really bad. I wonder what kind of punishment he may get, if any, or if his parents may be punished somehow instead because he is a minor and they are responsible somewhat for what he does. :blank:
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 6, '07, 1:12 am

Man, this kind of commenting is really not my style, I usually laugh at misery(YES I DO I"M MEAN LIKE THAT)but this isn't the time....yet, no lol, but see i'm still making jokes bout it. Buuut, I do think that the fire is sort of amazing, I mean, imagine the sort of inspiration that thing will rise in the US, talk about needing more trees! And me, being the writter that I am have already come up with several wild stories that could come of such an event. But i did know someone in that area, Ive been meaning to try to contact her and ask her about it...
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 6, '07, 2:45 am

A boy and his matches... I'll bet his parents will be really proud of him. :roll: And I'll also bet that the boy won't get off easy.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 6, '07, 5:12 am

lol, he probably already got punished, seeing as how he started the fire, he probably lives close by and in turn his house getting burned to the ground. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 6, '07, 5:27 am

Years of forced therapy are in his future, I would think. I wouldn't be surprised if the parents got a little jail time out of that one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Tue Nov 6, '07, 6:37 am

What happened to all the public service announcements that are supposed to teach kids to not play with matches??? Where oh where was Smokey the bear? If someone had taught this kid to not do such a thing, the tragedy could have been avoided! :grumpy:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 6, '07, 7:16 am

Oh my gosh smokey, WHERE YOU GO!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Previous

Return to Casual Conversation