E3 2015

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

E3 2015

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 13, '15, 10:12 pm

Almost time for E3 2015 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) which will be happening in California. Probably lots of news and developments concerning the video game industry and more will be coming from this event.

https://www.e3expo.com/home

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/everyt ... 0-6428021/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015 ... /71046076/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroni ... _Expo_2015
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: E3 2015

Postby R-90-2 » Mon Jun 15, '15, 12:07 am

Well, the hits are already starting- Mother 1 is going to be released on Wii U Virtual console as Earthbound Beginnings. Here's what the series creator has to say.

Last edited by R-90-2 on Mon Jun 15, '15, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Snorb » Mon Jun 15, '15, 4:59 am

Well, now I feel old. I remember reading coverage of Earthbound in Nintendo Power back in the day, and now we're getting Mother Earthbound Beginnings (it "only" took 26 years! =p)

Something tells me that Mother 3's getting an announcement for the 3DS Virtual Console sometime this year, just to keep with the anniversary theme.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jun 15, '15, 5:05 pm

It is cool to see the first game in the series come to the states, finally. I have a reproduction cart but I may buy this anyway just because I'm a fan of the series and want to support this. Would be great to see Mother 3 sometime as well, especially with Lucas returning to Smash, though I'm willing to admit I hope it's not on DS as I don't have a DS and don't really want one. However, it seems Nintendo remains tone-deaf and oblivious to the amiibo stock issues, as they announced even more to go with new Smash characters after the awful situation with wave 4 (Nintendo, I just want Ness. But I want to pay YOU for it, not a scalper or importer, m'kay? Maybe make an announcement about amiibo reprints to reassure fans who want a rare one but don't want to pay a reseller?)

I do hope to see The Last Guardian for the first time in ages.

Edit: About an hour after I wrote this post, I found this article confirming rare amiibo reprints, so Nintendo seems to have acknowledged the problem after all. It would still be good for them to make an announcement at E3 though.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Mon Jun 15, '15, 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Jun 16, '15, 11:31 am

Welp, this is a thing that's happening.

Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Snorb » Tue Jun 16, '15, 6:37 pm

Yep. And you know that it's going to be using the Complication of FF7 personalities for Cloud, Aeristh, and Tifa (total mopey angsty loser which he wasn't at all in the actual game for Cloud; TOTAL SWEETNESS PERSONIFIED and awesome tomboy girl respectively for Aerhead and Tifa, which is LITERALLY the exact opposite in FF7.)

.....I think this is just getting made for people who never actually played the original Final Fantasy VII. =/
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Return to In the News