Nestle Water and drought

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Nestle Water and drought

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Apr 10, '15, 5:01 pm

Don't know if anyone here drinks the Nestle Water or not but I found an interesting article concerning that brand of water and the drought they are currently having in California.

It seems like some residents who are having to ration their water supplies also want Nestle to stop making (or bottling) their bottled water while the drought and water rationing otherwise are still happening and they have drawn up a petition regarding that. I must say that I can see their point in some ways.

However, it is also interesting that Nestle has a several year contract with an Indian group there regarding water, etc.

Droughts have caused a lot of problems in recent years in many places with many residents having to adhere to restrictions and rationings. In my own state we have had a few years of droughts in the past but this past and current year we have had a lot of rain which has helped. In some places droughts are so severe that even a lot of rain doesn't help or may take years of lots of rainfall to make the situation better.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/news/drink/ ... ter/040915
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Delectable Delicacies