Have A Coke Day!

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Favorite type of Coke

Classic Coke
29%
Cherry Coke
14%
Cherry Vanilla Coke
No votes
Diet Coke
14%
No Caffiene Coke
No votes
Other - explain in post
29%
None - I don't like Coke
14%

Total votes : 7

Have A Coke Day!

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu May 8, '08, 7:29 pm

Today, May 8, is " Have a coke day "! :clap:

So, is there anyone out there who does NOT like a coke? :blank:

I think this must be one of the most popular drinks ever and certainly one of the most recognizable ones practically anywhere in the world today.

Sounds like a great day to me! (And as difficult as this day has been so far, I could really use a stiff drink right now, lol). :p

So, pardon me, while I go and " celebrate " this day and " have a coke ". :hyper: :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri May 9, '08, 5:17 pm

Personally me, I liked vanilla coke. However I don't think they make it nenymore and stuff which makes me sad. I really want one right now. :cry:
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby SparkyIII » Sat May 10, '08, 7:43 am

After one of my teeth dissolved while sipping coke, I don't think I'll ever drink it again. Its too bubbly, and soda isn't soda when you let the fizz go out.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Rudo » Fri May 16, '08, 6:31 am

I wish it was Have a Pepsi day or Have a Dr. Pepper Day or Have a 7 up day. Coke is too sweet. :p
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby luke » Wed Jun 11, '08, 11:08 am

american coke is disgusting. in europe (and i'm sure other places), coke isn't made with corn syrup, but with actual sugar. this makes it taste a lot less thick and a lot more like an actual drink.

from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola):
There is also some concern regarding the usage of high fructose corn syrup in the production of Coca-Cola. Since 1985 in the U.S., Coke has been made with high fructose corn syrup, instead of sugar glucose or fructose, to reduce costs. This has come under criticism because of concerns that the corn used to produce corn syrup may come from genetically altered plants.[52] Some nutritionists also caution against consumption of high fructose corn syrup because of possible links to obesity and type-2 diabetes.[53]

the eu also has a lot stricter laws on what people consume, another reason why the recipe is changed. just saying.
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jun 11, '08, 10:21 pm

luke wrote: Since 1985 in the U.S., Coke has been made with high fructose corn syrup, instead of sugar glucose or fructose, to reduce costs. This has come under criticism because of concerns that the corn used to produce corn syrup may come from genetically altered plants.[52] Some nutritionists also caution against consumption of high fructose corn syrup because of possible links to obesity and type-2 diabetes.[53]

luke, believe it or not, I actually remember when they started making Coke different, and it tasted a WHOLE HECK OF A LOT BETTER then than it does now. The other way may not have been so good or healthy for everyone, but it sure tasted better, atleast in my opinion.

Silver_Surfer1

Re: Have A Coke Day!

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 8, '23, 10:08 pm

Silver_Surfer1

Re: Have A Coke Day!

Postby myau56 » Tue May 9, '23, 11:16 am

Happy Coke Day !!! To everyone here ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Delectable Delicacies