Foods and smelly odors

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Foods and smelly odors

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 12, '08, 7:16 am

Are there any foods that make you go crazy for them, or crave them, just by smelling them? We were in the grocery store the other day and I smelt the "fresh" garlic bread and immediately wanted some so badly, but I resisted temptation, lol.

Smells, or odors, have a lot to do with foods and our taste buds, I think.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Feb 12, '08, 10:59 pm

I can't think of any right now, but I know I have those. Like, I once smelled the cookies our neighbors across the street were making.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 13, '08, 2:12 am

I always try to avoid walking by the deli when I go to a store. Usually they'll be cooking chicken and the scent wafts out into the store. It's hard to resist going over there and buying some of it!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Foods and smelly odors

Postby Apprentice_of_Crys » Sun Apr 22, '12, 2:18 pm

The smell of fresh lasagne makes me insane. In this case I am like Garfield. Spaghetti and pizza are very tempting, too.
Apprentice_of_Crys
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 62

Re: Foods and smelly odors

Postby tilinelson2 » Sun Apr 22, '12, 6:59 pm

There is a store that sells high-quality chocolate here that drives everyone insane. It is impossible to resist buying something.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Return to Delectable Delicacies