Brooks in Country Hall Of Fame

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Brooks in Country Hall Of Fame

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 6, '12, 9:39 pm

Garth Brooks has announced that he will soon be inducted into the Country Music Hall Of Fame:

http://news.yahoo.com/brooks-leads-2012 ... 30808.html

Other peformers chosen to be inducted to the Country Hall Of Fame this year include singer Connie Smith and musician Hargus Robbins.

Congratulations to all these performers and inductees!! :clap:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Brooks in Country Hall Of Fame

Postby Thoul » Tue Mar 6, '12, 10:58 pm

Seems overdue to me. Brooks did a lot to increase the popularity of the genre and open it to a wider audience. Although, now I'm a bit curious as to which of his influences haven't been inducted previously. These Hall of Fame organizations seem to move quite slowly in inducting.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 8, '12, 4:38 am

Thoul wrote:Seems overdue to me. Brooks did a lot to increase the popularity of the genre and open it to a wider audience. Although, now I'm a bit curious as to which of his influences haven't been inducted previously. These Hall of Fame organizations seem to move quite slowly in inducting.

I agree they move very slowly. It seems that they only picked 3 inductees this year, and looking at their site it seems they usually only pick 3 or maybe 4 each year. Considering the huge number of performers (singers & musicians) there are out there not only for this year alone but for all the previous years, that seems like a small amount to induct. They should go for atleast five or ten a year, imho.

Can't say offhand who Brook's influences were but it was probably a group of entertainers who had been in the business a lot longer than he has been, although, maybe they just had already hit their prime years ago, or something. Some may even still be entertaining today but possibly just haven't reached inductee status before now due to the low amount picked each year. So many entertainers, so few inductees each year, it seems.

Absolutely agree that Brooks deserves this honor and that he has brought Country Music to a place of recognition richly deserved. He seems to be such a honest, humble, and sincere man, along with being a terrific singer and entertainer...that's an unbeatable combination. Country Music is proud of him and vice-versa.

Oh, and here's a link to the Country Music Hall Of Fame online site. You can see all the previous Country Music Hall Of Fame members on the front page, bottom right corner:

http://countrymusichalloffame.org/

And, here, you can see a list of all the inductees for every year from 2011 backward:

http://countrymusichalloffame.org/full- ... inductees/

The list is awesome!!! Some great performers there. :clap:
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Thu Mar 8, '12, 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tanith » Sat Mar 10, '12, 1:14 pm

Wow, I'm very surprised Garth Brooks wasn't already in the Country Music Hall of Fame.

If there are any die-hard Brooks fans out there, I lived in Yukon, OK in the 1980s. :)
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Return to Tootin' Tunes