Casshan:Robot Hunter

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Casshan:Robot Hunter

Postby MrKite » Tue Sep 21, '10, 4:49 am

Like Gatchaman and Polimar, I became a fan of Casshan (or Casshern as alternatively spelled) through Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. But I haven't seen any of it. I just bought a used copy online of Casshan:Robot Hunter. I decided to check this entry in the series out first, because it's the first Casshan/Casshern-related feature released in english, and it was directed by Carl Macek.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Casshan:Robot Hunter

Postby Thoul » Tue Sep 21, '10, 5:42 am

I've never heard of that one before. What's it about, beyond the obvious of hunting robots?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Casshan:Robot Hunter

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 21, '10, 6:00 am

Casshern sins is much better. It's a very.. depressing and gritty show.

SPOILER:

Enslaved by an army of rebellious super robots originally designed to help civilization avert a complete ecological cataclysm, mankind's only hope is Casshan, a legendary hero who wages a solitary war to defeat the NEOROIDS and restore the Earth to its rightful order. Ironically, Casshan's father is the same scientist who engineered the race of super androids now threatening to destroy all of mankind. On a crusade to clear the name of his father, Casshan must sacrifice his own humanity in order to attain the powers he needs to defeat mankind's powerful enemies. However, Casshan's power does not come without a price. Haunted by the memories of his murdered mother and forced to deal with a super robot that has absorbed and now manipulates the consciousness of his father, Casshan must put aside his own emotions and fight to preserve the survival of the human race.[2]

It is very 70s/80s inspired. Casshern comes from the era of Gatchaman/G-force/battle of the Planets character designs.

In fact.. he's one step removed from Kikaider as a Super Sentai Show..
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Return to Awesome Animation