Britany Spears sister pregnant

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Britany Spears sister pregnant

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 20, '07, 7:50 pm

The news reports are all saying that Britany Spears younger sister, Jamie Lynn Spears, who is only 16 years old, is pregnant by her boyfriend. He is 18, I think they said.

Wow, that is quite young for someone to have a baby, especially in these days and times of "The Pill", and other protection means. I don't know much about her, but saw that she is a "star" in her own right on a hit tv show for younger kids - teens, sort of.

I wish her, the father, and the baby all the best. They are gonna need it!

Seriously, though, what kind of example or role model for other teens do you think this is, or is not? Do you think she will, or should be, fired from her hit tv show because of this?

Comments or Opinions??
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Thu Dec 20, '07, 8:41 pm

That will be the end of her TV show. I think it is a Nick show, so it would be aimed at younger kids. Promoting this kind of thing would be bad for Nick's image.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Fri Dec 21, '07, 10:50 am

I heard the guy was 19. Anyways, I also heard that Nickelodeon isn't going to be firing her at all, and they're "concerned about her well-being."

One way it's been worded is that she's keeping the baby. In my opinion, it's great that she's stepping up and taking responsibility rather than aborting it. I've seen things talking about her being a role-model and all for girls, but I think that, if anything, this sort of goes to show that she's not entirely bad. I think the thing that bothers me the most about these so-called "role models" is how they try to portray some spotless self-image, when in reality, they're not all that great.

You know what the irony is? Their mother wrote a parenting book and look at how they turned out -- hah! Or should I be saying, Oops? ;)
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '07, 9:16 pm

I wonder if there is any possibility of charges being filed against the guy? 16 is pretty young; if this was caused by activities before she turned 16, then she might have been a minor at the time (as far as statutory rape laws go).

I'm surprised to here Nick is going to keep her on; that's rather forward thinking of them. Most companies would bail out on someone that got themselves into this situation and end the person's career in the process.

You know what the irony is? Their mother wrote a parenting book and look at how they turned out -- hah! Or should I be saying, Oops? ;)

:rofl: Every parent should buy that book, just to have a guide of what to not do when raising their kids.

I heard that their mother has also already pre-sold the first baby pictures of the new kid for a million dollars. Somebody is definitely in the exploiting business in that family. :greedy:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sat Dec 22, '07, 12:32 am

Thoul wrote::rofl: Every parent should buy that book, just to have a guide of what to not do when raising their kids.

I heard that their mother has also already pre-sold the first baby pictures of the new kid for a million dollars. Somebody is definitely in the exploiting business in that family. :greedy:
That came to mind when I heard about it, too. Kinda sad, using her kids as a means of making quick cash. Certainly the type of woman who I'd want take parenting advice from, huh? :lol:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Rudo » Sat Dec 22, '07, 2:01 am

Pitiful, just plain pitiful. :grumpy:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 23, '07, 8:32 am

My parents were talking bout this today, said something about them being friends for more than 2 years now. My aunt said a girl who wants a close friend that long is looking to be pregnant.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 23, '07, 2:18 pm

That's silly. Girls can have friends for any number of reasons.

One way it's been worded is that she's keeping the baby. In my opinion, it's great that she's stepping up and taking responsibility rather than aborting it. I've seen things talking about her being a role-model and all for girls, but I think that, if anything, this sort of goes to show that she's not entirely bad.

I just hope she doesn't inspire other girls to go out and do this sort of thing on purpose when they aren't prepared for it. As a role model, it is good that she is taking responsibility, but getting pregnant at such an early age is a bad example of a role model too. It's a mixed bag there.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Thu Dec 27, '07, 10:05 am

Neithird wrote:I just hope she doesn't inspire other girls to go out and do this sort of thing on purpose when they aren't prepared for it. As a role model, it is good that she is taking responsibility, but getting pregnant at such an early age is a bad example of a role model too. It's a mixed bag there.
Aye, I agree with ya on that. But there's always been silly girls who're like, "I wanna have a baby!" When this is the case, it's sad...mostly because the said girl isn't responsible enough to care for the kid, herself, and then her parents end up caring for it.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Return to Entertainment