KFC - KGC

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

KFC - KGC

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 24, '08, 5:24 pm

Heard on the news this morning that Kentucky Fried Chicken have now also added another choice to their menus / restaurants - grilled chicken instead of fried chicken.

So, not only could it one day possibly be Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), but Kentucky Grilled Chicken (KGC) as well, lol.

Personally, I think it was a great choice and something long overdue. Many people have skipped the fried foods in the past several years due to worries and concerns related to various health issues. Counting myself in that number also. I don't eat nearly as many fried foods as I used to, and really prefer baked, broiled, grilled or otherwise cooked instead. I guess that's one reason I also don't eat at KFC as much, although I do love their chicken pot pies, yum!

What about you, do you often eat at KFC, and how do you like your chicken - fried, grilled, baked, barbecued, popcorn nuggets, etc.?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Tue Mar 25, '08, 12:22 am

Are they even using the full name any more? I remember a few years ago they tried to switch over to just "KFC" as the store name.

I'm sure the grilled chicken is a smart move in these days when more and more people are becoming more aware of what they need to eat to maintain better health. I haven't eaten KFC food in years, though I guess it was pretty good back then. I like my chicken fried, but I think they had too many spices on it or something.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 25, '08, 6:43 pm

LOL, I had to laugh this morning when I heard them talking about this story on the news. Someone said that "Colonel Sanders would be turning over in his grave about this.". :lol:

For anyone that may not know, Colonel Sanders was the man who started KFC , I think, and was the company spokesman for years. He always wore a white suit and he had a mustache and goatee, I think. Seemed to be a real southern gentleman.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Lemina » Sat Mar 29, '08, 2:16 am

Fried Chicken is so delicious, but I can see why the KFC people would put grilled chicken on their menu. It's just that much less fattening! And it's not like grilled chicken tastes awful, either.
On the other hand, the customers might not think about the healthy choice when they are eating out. I've heard from the educational movie, "Portion-size me," that Burger King once offered salads and other healthy choices as options in addition to their usual menu. What happened was that people didn't buy the healthy options at all, which then caused Burger King to pull those options from their menu. KFC probably won't have that kind of thing happen, but who can say?

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Re: KFC - KGC

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jul 27, '09, 3:43 pm

I heard a story over the weekend that some guy thought he had finally discovered what the secret recipe was for KFC. Evidently, this guy goes into various restaurants and tells them something like his wife is allergic to so and so and he tries to find out what is in the food so he can find out if she is allergic to any of it. Or he asks if an item is in the food, or something along those lines. Then he is trying to figure out from all that what the secret recipe is.

Seems like a lot of trouble to me, for something that he is probably never going to figure out. JMHO.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Mon Jul 27, '09, 5:09 pm

I bet he'll be banned from a lot of restaurants if they catch on to that scheme. Even if he does figure out the recipes, he won't be able to do anything with them without facing legal action for stealing trade secrets.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lemina » Mon Jul 27, '09, 6:17 pm

I'm surprised that that guy wasn't banned from anywhere yet. No one finds that suspicious?

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Return to Delectable Delicacies