Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Brands gone by 2012?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, '11, 7:43 am 
Found an interesting article listing some brand names that may be gone by the year 2012. It seems they also made a list like this last year and some of it came to pass and some they were wrong on.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/ar ... r-2012-247

So, which of these brands do you think might be gone by 2012, and which do you think might stick around a little while longer?

Post subject: Re: Brands gone by 2012?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, '11, 6:48 pm 
I have to admit, upon hearing Nokia might go I felt a strange sense of nostalgia. Everyone had a Nokia a decade ago. (Well, I didn't have a cell phone, but those that did usually had a Nokia.) It's really interesting how a brand can fall due to different changes; in this case it's the emergence of smartphones and the fact that Nokia does not use Android.

Most of the rest I'm not surprised about at all, nor will I miss.

Post subject: Re: Brands gone by 2012?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, '11, 7:22 pm 
The inclusion of Sony Pictures interests me. If I remember right, they have the movie rights to Spider-Man. Those movies have been very successful and there's a new one coming out next year. It might help them pull through, but if not, I'll be interested in seeing where those movie rights end up. Maybe they'll go back to Marvel and we'll see Spider-Man included in the shared movie universe they're building with Avengers.

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]