Brands gone by 2012?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Brands gone by 2012?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 23, '11, 7:43 am

Found an interesting article listing some brand names that may be gone by the year 2012. It seems they also made a list like this last year and some of it came to pass and some they were wrong on.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/ar ... r-2012-247

So, which of these brands do you think might be gone by 2012, and which do you think might stick around a little while longer?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Brands gone by 2012?

Postby Tanith » Thu Jun 23, '11, 6:48 pm

I have to admit, upon hearing Nokia might go I felt a strange sense of nostalgia. Everyone had a Nokia a decade ago. (Well, I didn't have a cell phone, but those that did usually had a Nokia.) It's really interesting how a brand can fall due to different changes; in this case it's the emergence of smartphones and the fact that Nokia does not use Android.

Most of the rest I'm not surprised about at all, nor will I miss.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Re: Brands gone by 2012?

Postby Thoul » Thu Jun 23, '11, 7:22 pm

The inclusion of Sony Pictures interests me. If I remember right, they have the movie rights to Spider-Man. Those movies have been very successful and there's a new one coming out next year. It might help them pull through, but if not, I'll be interested in seeing where those movie rights end up. Maybe they'll go back to Marvel and we'll see Spider-Man included in the shared movie universe they're building with Avengers.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation