Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, '07, 5:18 am 
Actor Brad Pitt has been making the rounds of various tv talk shows, etc., talking about his plan to build "Green Homes" in parts of New Orleans / Louisiana, which were destroyed due to Hurricane Katrina, etc. So far I have seen him on Larry King Live, The Fox News Channel, and I heard he was on other shows as well.

I think this is very admirable of him to do stuff like this to help these people in need by helping to rebuild these homes, cities, etc. He is putting his money and his backbone along with his important influence and voice to very good use in helping these folks out.

So, what do you think about these " Green Homes "?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/03/pitt.nola/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, '07, 6:45 pm 
Are they really green? Lol, never heard of it. Only heard of him couple of times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, '07, 7:19 pm 
Yeah, I don't get it, what's the green part? :?

It's good that someone is rebuilding down there. I wish him luck with the project and I hope they can get a lot of houses built for the people down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, '07, 9:07 pm 
They better be careful building anything in that area. :yaknow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, '07, 2:15 am 
I think by green, they mean eco-friendly. The house will have stuff that makes them use less energy for heating, cooling, and all that good stuff.

I hope the project goes well and some new people move down there to live. Most of the garbage should be cleaned up by now I guess. Hopefully they'll get a lot of houses built.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, '07, 5:54 am 
Thoul wrote:I think by green, they mean eco-friendly. The house will have stuff that makes them use less energy for heating, cooling, and all that good stuff.

Yeah, I think that is mostly correct. They will also have special features to help in case anything like this hurricane ever happens again - such as probably being built high off the ground to escape flooding and damage of the house, etc.

If you do a search online and look around, I'm sure there may be some pics or more descriptions of the Green Homes and this project.

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]