Robots

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Robots

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 7, '08, 11:45 pm

Have you ever wondered if one day the world may be taken over by Robots?

Kind of a scary thought, when you really think it over for awhile. But, robots are becoming so much a part of our lives today in this scientific age, etc., generation.

Was it Will Smith who starred in the movie " I, Robot ", where Robots actually do take over?

We've come a long way from "Rosie The Robot" on "The Jetsons" TV Comedy Show, and from "Danger, Danger, Will Robinson" heard from the robot on "Lost In Space" TV show and movie.

Take a look at this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 777667.ece

And, this is probably just the beginning!

Comments or Opinions????

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Wed Oct 8, '08, 1:48 am

If robots would take over and become a new race the world will probaly turn out like I-Robot or Ghost in the Shell...and that robot girl looks kinda freaky :blank:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 8, '08, 6:17 am

I don't think we'll get into a Terminator or I, Robot scenario with the machines taking over. Everyone working on them has probably seen those movies and knows not to go there. ;)

This new robot does look freaky, yep. I think it's mainly the eyelids - they just look so completely fake.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby DrkTr14ce » Wed Oct 8, '08, 5:05 pm

Hmm...I still wonder something: Why are we making a robot that resembles a Human? What sort of barrier are we attempting to break here, that we can play God by creating something that mimics our actions and, eventually emotions?
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Celeith » Wed Oct 8, '08, 5:42 pm

Science today is advancing so much it was only a matter of time before they went in this direction. I just hope things don't turn out like the movies.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 8, '08, 10:18 pm

DrkTr14ce wrote:Hmm...I still wonder something: Why are we making a robot that resembles a Human? What sort of barrier are we attempting to break here, that we can play God by creating something that mimics our actions and, eventually emotions?

Very good points, DrkTr14ce! I don't know why people keep trying to make robots that are so much like humans. Maybe for the scientific effect or challenge of just doing it, or maybe "trying to play God" or perhaps trying to out do God, or something along those lines. It will never work, I think. Oh, robots may indeed be made, but they will never entirely or completely be like humans who have a soul, choice of free-will, etc., and all the other attributes that distinguish humans. jmho.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 9, '08, 2:03 am

I think it's just the challenge of doing it, more than any attempt to play God. Robots are becoming a larger part of modern life - making them look human will make it easier for some people to associate with them.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation