Boston bombing tragedy

Chat about things happening around the world.

Re: Boston bombing tragedy

Postby myau56 » Fri Apr 19, '13, 12:59 pm

:cry: :grouphug:
Hope they are going to find the culprit(s) and hope all those murders are going to stop one day (alas it's bound to arrive soon ...)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Tweeg » Sat Apr 20, '13, 2:20 am

:hypnotized: Chechnyans! What the heck?! And what a crazy string of events to unfold over night!

<listens to the news on radio for a bit...>

Oh... the news is presently reporting the cu;prits are/were muslims. Rather explains it all. And they've arrested the younger brother alive. Crap, guess tax dollars are going to pay for the rat to have room and board for the remainder of his natural life.
Last edited by Tweeg on Sat Apr 20, '13, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Apr 20, '13, 3:17 am

They want him alive for information - I would not be too surprised if he gets a death penalty sentence, as he's an adult and will be tried as such. Right about now, no real information on any motive, and I'm not about to speculate on it. But having him alive is much more likely to lead to better information. I'm glad they got him alive.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jul 11, '13, 1:53 pm

Bit of an update. The surviving suspect appeared in Federal Court in Boston yesterday, and pleaded not guilty on 30 charges, 17 of which carry possibility of death penalty.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/nation/j ... 07-10.html
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Jul 11, '13, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jul 11, '13, 5:40 pm

Thanks for the update, Wolf Bird. I can hardly believe that he is pleading "not guilty" but I guess I should not be surprised as some people think they can get away with practically anything these days and a great number do, especially in some troubled legal systems here in the USA and elsewhere, etc. It also surprises me a great deal to read there were supporters of his there making their voices heard. I find it hard to believe anyone would give support on what this guy is accused of doing. Unbelievable.

And, I only have one question...if the guy is "not guilty", then what we he doing hiding under a tarp in a boat and bleeding to death from a gunshot wound while running from legal authorities, etc., after the previous bombing attacks or whatever it was earlier????
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jul 11, '13, 11:31 pm

Chances are, the people supporting him are people who buy into one of the various conspiracy theories surrounding the bombings. We'll see how this develops. No doubt there'll be a trial in the near future.

Wolf Bird

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jan 30, '14, 7:43 pm

Big update today. Federal prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Tsarnaev.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/0 ... aign=sm_tw

Wolf Bird

Postby S4Blade » Thu Jan 30, '14, 9:05 pm

Good, I hope they end up going through with it. This guy deserves nothing better.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Thu Jan 30, '14, 9:30 pm

Hard to tell if he deserves it but what he have done is truly and totally horrible so...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Apr 15, '14, 12:58 pm

Being the only Bostonian here (I think?), seems appropriate. Today is the one-year anniversary of the marathon bombing. I remember that day well. I had no idea what was going on until I got a text from my brother asking if I was okay while I was trying to leave work, and I left at 3 due so I could get to a walk-in clinic because I needed an immediate medical test. This was right after the bombs had gone off, and being so close to the actual site, I had definitely heard something strange. As I was packing up, my boss came by and asked if we had heard anything strange. We all had, but passed it off as normal outside noise at the time, as it was marathon day, after all.

Then I get outside and it was a mass exodus out of Back Bay. Nearly got trampled, sirens everywhere, it was a mess. And I thought to myself that the marathon couldn't possibly be done already, so I couldn't understand why everyone was leaving, so I figured something had happened. Once I reached the commons, I got the text from my brother, and he told me there had been explosions at the finish line. I found out Park Street T station was closed, and shortly after I got another text from him stating it was bombs. He then kept sending me information updates as I tried to reach Charles/MGH T station, which was still open, and even led a couple of out-of-state marathon participants to the station, and then directed them on where to go once they got off, as I was getting off at Harvard and they were getting off at Porter, one stop later. I got to my clinic, constantly seeing updates from my brother, including a suspicious package found at Harvard Square T station…while I was there waiting for a bus. Got to the clinic ok, and found out they were closing themselves down to anymore visitors to help accept more people injured in the blast as Mass General and Tufts were getting overwhelmed. While in the waiting room, I finally saw, for the first time, the videos of the blasts and I was dumbfounded. I could see my office building in the background. I did what I needed to do and managed to get home, but very late, and then I was trying to process what had just happened only a couple blocks from me.

Did the city come together after this huge mess and even a year on, it still feels that way. The marathon is next Monday this year, but I'll be in the Brookline area near Back Bay today, so I may see what's going on, if anything. There have definitely been a lot of Boston Strong pins, t-shirts, and everything around. I even got a few from one of my professors and I may put them on my backpack.

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events