Bonanza

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Bonanza

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 28, '10, 11:06 pm

Anyone here ever watch the television show western "Bonanza" with the Cartwright family?

The show starred actor Lorne Greene as Ben (Paw) Cartwright, actor Pernell Roberts as first born son, Adam Cartwright, and actor Dan Blocker as middle son, Hoss Cartwright, and actor Michael Landon as youngest son, Joe Cartwright.

I saw in the news that actor Pernell Roberts who played the role of Adam has just recently passed away:

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/20 ... anza_dies/

Condolences to his family. :tombstone: :rose:
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Bonanza

Postby Tweeg » Sat Feb 13, '10, 3:23 pm

It recently began re-running on one of the local TV stations here. Use to watch it as a kid, as it was being re-run on a different local TV station back then.

Never realised that was Michael Landon playing the part of little Joe though. For those not aware he had starring roles in two other TV series later in his life; Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven. He died several years ago.

And of course Lorne Greens, who is also deceased, played Admiral Adama in the original Battlestar Galactica epic TV series and it's forgettable follow up Galactica 1980.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Re: Bonanza

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Feb 14, '10, 4:03 pm

Tweeg wrote:It recently began re-running on one of the local TV stations here. Use to watch it as a kid, as it was being re-run on a different local TV station back then.

Never realised that was Michael Landon playing the part of little Joe though. For those not aware he had starring roles in two other TV series later in his life; Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven. He died several years ago.

And of course Lorne Greens, who is also deceased, played Admiral Adama in the original Battlestar Galactica epic TV series and it's forgettable follow up Galactica 1980.

I remember watching Lorne in Battlestar Galactica! One of my favorite shows. I loved Little House on the Prarier and Highway to Heaven also.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Tubular Television