blue velvet

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

blue velvet

Postby luke » Sat Jun 28, '08, 4:02 am

i watched "blue velvet" again today and remembered how much i love this film. easily one of david lynch's best works, and on par with twin peaks. what an amazing world. anyone into this film?
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby hugues » Sat Jun 28, '08, 6:06 pm

I recently signed up for Netflix and the first thing I got were the Twin Peaks DVDs. I wasn't able to watch the show when it was new and have been curious about it since. I ended-up absolutely loving it (until about mid-way through the 2nd season when it was just OK) - I just put Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive in my queue and can't wait to see them.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Sun Jun 29, '08, 6:03 am

I don't think I've heard of it before, at least not that I remember. What's it about?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby luke » Mon Jun 30, '08, 3:36 am

Thoul wrote:I don't think I've heard of it before, at least not that I remember. What's it about?

a college student returns home after his father suffers a stroke. after visiting him, he passes by a vacant lot and finds a severed human ear in the field. he hands it over to police, and begins to investigate a dark underworld in his seemingly quiet suburban town.

hugues, make sure you finish the series and then watch the movie! after solving the laura palmer movie, david lynch left, which is why the show kind of began to get disappointing. when it was about to get canceled, he came back to finish the show. the ending to that series is one of the most bizarre endings i've ever seen.
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby Murdock » Mon Jun 30, '08, 7:37 pm

Mulholland Drive is by far my fav movie ever, David Lynch is a complete mastermind of twisting your brain around. Blue Velvet is an amazing film, gotta love Hoppers performance in it. when you watch mulholland drive, try not to let yourself get interrupted; you may also have to watch it atleast twice to get the grasp of it.
Murdock
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 1

Postby hugues » Tue Jul 1, '08, 10:05 pm

luke wrote: hugues, make sure you finish the series and then watch the movie! after solving the laura palmer movie, david lynch left, which is why the show kind of began to get disappointing. when it was about to get canceled, he came back to finish the show. the ending to that series is one of the most bizarre endings i've ever seen.

I plan to - I have a couple episodes left and David Lynch is back at this point (or at least he is as an actor). I probably won't get to see them until next weekend though. The movie is also in my queue but always out of stock.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Return to Feature Films