Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blockbuster & video games
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, '10, 5:17 am 
Blockbuster is now adding video games to their rent-by-mail service:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38641034/ns ... ?gt1=43001

I wonder if this will help them to stay afloat a little longer seeing as how a lot of movie rental places, such as Movie Gallery and others, are closing these days. :yaknow:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, '10, 1:22 pm 
Interesting. I'll have to see how it differs from Gamefly, which is what we use for video game rentals right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, '10, 12:22 am 
It's about time. The only way these rental places can stay in business these days is to cater to the crowd that wants to do all their shopping from the convenience of home. $8.99 for an unlimited number of games a month seems like a pretty good deal, too. Makes me wonder what the other companies charge...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, '10, 2:53 am 
Here's some more news about Blockbuster. Reports say that they may be filing for bankruptcy in September. The article also suggests that another 500-800 stores may be closed, on top of the 1,000 already closed recently.

It seems the alternative services have really damaged Blockbuster. I hope their games by mail offering can offset some of their current losses and debt. Otherwise, Blockbuster may soon go the way of Movie Gallery and close down completely.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]