Traveling Archeologist

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Traveling Archeologist

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 27, '08, 8:09 am

When our heroes arrive at the entrance to the Soldier's Temple island cave, they are greated by the traveling archeologist named Seth. He seems very nice and polite. While looking for the temple, he found the cave to be filled with monsters, so he asks to travel to the temple with the group. Rune seems very suspicious of him, though everyone else gets along just fine with the new member.

This image can also be selected as an avatar from the galleries on the avatar tab of the Member Control Panel.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rune_Walsh » Thu Aug 28, '08, 2:04 am

Rune is suspicious of Seth, and I assume he senses something the others don't. When you get the aero-prism, and you press "talk", Seth asks to see the prism, which Chaz carelessly hands to him before Rune has to intervene, yelling, "Stop! Chaz, don't!" Rune apologizes to Seth explaining to him that they cannot be merely curious with the aero-prism, or something along those lines.

I also like the scene where Chaz shows off a bit towards Seth, telling him that as a result of years of training, that is why he is so strong, to which Rika asks, "When did you do years of training, Chaz?" ;)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lucas » Thu Aug 28, '08, 8:01 am

Seth is one tricky character. The first time I encountered him in PSIV I knew he was hiding something. Besides PSIII this is the only other game in which Darkforce talks english.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Srijita » Thu Aug 28, '08, 11:07 am

[face=Times New Roman]

I was a little disturbed by Seth’s skill mix: Corrosion, Mindblast, Shadow, Deathspell – quite a distinct repertoire.

[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby newsblade » Thu Aug 28, '08, 12:13 pm

It's interesting that Rika can usually feel things like Rune, but this time it didn't happened.
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Srijita » Thu Aug 28, '08, 1:36 pm

[face=Times New Roman]Interestingly, it makes no difference to the storyline if Seth is actually incapacitated during the party's exploration of the Island Cave.

Put him in the frontline, allow him to soak up the damage, and abuse his skills while the others conserve their health and TP. Avoid healing him, and allow his HP to decline all the way down to zero. Events will still play out as normal! He’ll still make his obsequious remarks to Chaz, and still undergo the expected transformation on exposure to light from the Aeroprism.

[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Re: Traveling Archeologist

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 11, '17, 4:58 pm

Bumping up this former Image Of The Day!

Meet Seth!
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Thu Oct 12, '17, 12:43 pm

Seth is a traitor ! But I didn't remember about those lines concerning the AeroPrism ! Thanks ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Snorb » Fri Oct 13, '17, 5:53 am

Rune: His last name was "Turnsouttobeatraitorintheend," what did you think was going to happen, Chaz?! He was going to officiate you and Rika getting married?! He was going to give you the world's greatest recipe for spinach and cheese dip?! He was going to give you a sword so big it'll cleave through anything in one slash?! No! Seth turned out to be a traitor in the end, you moron!
Chaz: I thought his last name was Sicilian! How was I supposed to know he was gonna stab us all in the back!?
Rune: Ugh. I give up. I'm going back to Krup. Hahn owes me a barrel of alcohol anyway. Forget this.
Rika: Are you okay, Rune?
Rune: Forget Rykros, forget this quest, and triple-forget Chaz "Yeaaaaaaah the Hero of Light" Ashley.
Rika: Rune, come back! What about that cheese dip recipe!? ;_;
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 14, '17, 1:35 am

LOL, I hope that "barrel of alcohol" is the drinking kind as Rune sounds like he could use a stiff drink! :wink:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Next

Return to Featured Images