The Expendabelles

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

The Expendabelles

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 5, '14, 7:27 am

I think by now we are all pretty well familiar with Sylestor Stallone's movies "The Expendables" or have atleast heard of them somewhat. The most recent saga "The Expendables 3" has just premiered in London and with a stellar cast which includes Antonio Banderas, Wesley Snipes, Harrison Ford and others it promises to be a very entertaining movie and will probably do very well at the box office. To read more on our discussion here at Fringes regarding "The Expendables" movies see the topic link below:

the-expendables-vt5409.html

But wait, now comes some exciting news in that Stallone will soon be making a new movie called "The Expendabelles" which will be a female version of "The Expendables"! This sounds awesome. So far there is no confirmation as to who the female cast might consist of in the new movie although actress Sigourney Weaver ("Aliens", "Ghostbusters") has been mentioned somewhat.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/04/the-expen ... n-4821169/

So, Who would you like to see as part of the female cast in "The Expendabelles" movie??

And, do you think a movie like this with a female cast will be as popular as "The Expendables" movies have been in the past featuring a male cast??
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Tue Aug 5, '14, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: The Expendabelles

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 6, '14, 10:46 pm

I'm actually having a hard time coming up with ideas for who could be good in this. I mean, there have been plenty of ladies in action movies over the years, but so many of them have been in all or mostly female casts that it's hard for me to think of any unique combinations that would really support a film like this and keep it afloat.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Aug 7, '14, 5:43 am

The only two that I can think of to add are Michelle Rodriguez (Fast & Furious, Resident Evil, etc) and Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil, The Fifth Element, etc). Not sure who else they would add to the mix. Maybe Lucy Liu but I'm not too sure.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 11, '14, 9:58 pm

That's a good pick with Milla Jovovich from the "Resident Evil" series. I think she would be great in a film like this.

I had also thought of Jessica Biel but someone reminded me that they thought she was in the first "Expendables" movie, so she may not show up in this one. Some others to consider may be Angelina Jolie (I would be surprised if they could afford her), Sandra Bullock (would be surprised to see her too), Catherine Zeta-Jones (she was in the "Zorro" movies), Halle Berry, Drew Barrymore, and that's all I can think of for now.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 13, '14, 12:25 am

I had also thought of Jessica Biel but someone reminded me that they thought she was in the first "Expendables" movie

Nope, she wasn't. Whoever reminded you of that was probably thinking of Charisma Carpenter.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 13, '14, 5:12 am

Thoul wrote:
I had also thought of Jessica Biel but someone reminded me that they thought she was in the first "Expendables" movie

Nope, she wasn't. Whoever reminded you of that was probably thinking of Charisma Carpenter.

Well maybe Jessica will be a contender to be in the new movie then. Hope so. She was pretty good in the Blade movies (think that's what they were called) starring Wesley Snipes.

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Feature Films