Planet Of The Apes

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Planet Of The Apes

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 9, '11, 2:30 am

Good news for the new movie "Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes" as the movie had a much better than expected opening:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/box-office ... 02308.html

Actor Andy Serkis, who was in the "Lord Of The Rings" movies, plays the role of the ape Caesar in this new movie.

Has anyone seen this movie yet, and if so, what was your opinion of it?

Anyone here familiar with the older classic "Planet Of The Apes" series of movies? They were awesome, for the most part. This new movie, and particularly how well it did at the box office, will probably start a revival of the older movies as well. I don't remember offhand, but I think there were maybe 4 or 5 of the previous "Planet Of The Apes" movies.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Planet Of The Apes

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 13, '11, 11:59 pm

Huh, I didn't even know this was out. It didn't have enough advertising in my circles. The apes do look impressive from the stills in that article. I was never a big fan of the series in general, but a revival might do well.

I wonder, is this movie connected to that one from a few years back? Or is a total reboot of the franchise?
Last edited by Thoul on Sat Aug 13, '11, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atolm » Sun Aug 14, '11, 6:35 am

I doubt I will go and see it in the theaters. Most likely I will catch it on Television like I do with other movies.

I never did watch the original movies.
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun May 11, '14, 9:00 pm

Well, there is yet another saga in the "Planet Of The Apes" movies, and this one is called "Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes", and here's some more info and a trailor:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.1784965

Are you excited to see yet another movie in this series, or do you think there has been too many already? Also, how many of the "Planet Of The Apes" movies have you seen?

As for me, I don't recall how many I have seen and it may not be all of them, but I have seen several. Some of them I liked and some I didn't like. The last movie "Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes" was one of those I liked. Hope this new one is just as good or better, but we'll see.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby jessie » Mon May 12, '14, 12:32 am

I am excited about this new movie. I have been a fan of the Originals for a long time. I have seen them all (even the Tim Burton film) and I like how these new movies bridge the gap between the original films.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Postby Thoul » Mon Jun 16, '14, 8:44 pm

I saw Rise not too long ago. It was far better than I expected. I generally don't go for the Apes movies, but even so I quite enjoyed this one. It had some really engaging characters.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Feature Films