Black Friday sales

Chat about things happening around the world.

Black Friday sales

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 23, '17, 8:53 pm

It may be Thanksgiving Day but a lot of stores are having early "Black Friday" sales today, including Walmart, I think, with stores opening up today with lots of sales for Christmas and the upcoming holidays. Even more sales are expected at stores tomorrow (Friday) and then Monday (Cyber Monday).

Anyone going shopping today for Black Friday sales?

You won't catch me at any store today. Last time I tried it, it was a total disaster. Folks go crazy during these sales trying to get the bargains before anyone else. There are usually always fights somewhere, etc. :lol:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Black Friday sales

Postby myau56 » Fri Nov 24, '17, 12:39 pm

Here too in Europe, but only from two years ago, there is the Black Friday : it's cool BUT there are too many advertisements everywhere ! It's like an invasion, I can't stand more of it ! :o :rofl: But the end is near ! :) But it's great for those who are going to make some great affairs ! And myabe for me through the net ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 22, '18, 1:31 am

Get ready for all those "Black Friday" sales that will be happening this coming Friday, the day after Thansgiving, and probably a lot of sales also happening tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day Thursday!!

Walmart opens in our area for "Black Friday" sales around 6 p.m., I think it is. This year, I am not going. Have already done most of my Christmas shopping already and I do not want to face all those crowds and possibly angry shoppers. I am staying home. Good luck to everyone who does got out shopping though. I hope you all get some terrific deals.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Thu Nov 22, '18, 12:04 pm

"Black Friday" here too ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Nov 23, '18, 4:07 pm

I'm just going to post here a similar thing to what I did in another thread.

Black Friday does nothing but fly in the face of the values we claim to profess the day before. Black Friday makes us a laughing stock. Put the entire concept of Black Friday where it belongs...in the history books, as a shameful stain of consumer culture. When even 7th graders can see the disgusting irony that is Black Friday right after Thanksgiving, something in our culture has just gone rotten. I've never attended a Black Friday event, and I never will, because the whole idea is just gross.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri Nov 23, '18, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Hukos » Sat Nov 24, '18, 4:12 am

I mean, think about how Thanksgiving as a holiday started. Now all of a sudden Black Friday makes a whole lot more sense in context, doesn't it?

I'm not even condemning either one, my philosophy is "If you're not hurting someone, I'm not bothered by it."
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 28, '19, 8:02 pm

Lots of Black Friday sales out there today and tomorrow and this weekend for those who wish to participate in these events. Walmart has several good deals in their online sales flyer and do many other stores.

It may be Thanksgiving today but Christmas is not that far away!

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Current Events