Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Chickadee

Chickadee

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, '10, 10:57 pm 
I was away for a week, and while visiting family, I got some new art toys. I use some of them in this drawing, mainly a colored pencil blender. Didn't work well on the branch as that color was set into the paper too much, but sure helped on the bird! Anyway, this is a chickadee...mix of color pencil, oil pastel, a little bit of charcoal pencil too (which is another new art toy I got). I think this turned out VERY nicely. My only self-criticism of it is the lack of blending on the branch. I think I did everything else pretty well. I'm pleased with it. :)

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Tue Nov 30, '10, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, '10, 11:06 pm 
Hey that's really good CW! Nicely drawn. :D Blender pencils are quite useful to have. I found them quite good for helping fill in little tiny spots where colours hadn't taken properly. Also, If there's a lot of loose stuff still on the paper try going over it with some cotton wool to remove the excess.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 1, '10, 3:03 am 
I love the way the softer feathers on its head and belly turned out. Really excellent job with the pencils and pastels, CW!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 1, '10, 4:26 am 
Very beautiful bird and excellent drawing, Caged Wolf! I especially like the way you've drawn his feet holding onto the branch...very realistic!

We have many of these beautiful birds that come to our birdfeeders and they are always a pleasant site to see with their "black cap".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 1, '10, 2:34 pm 
Silver_Surfer1 wrote: We have many of these beautiful birds that come to our birdfeeders and they are always a pleasant site to see with their "black cap".

Yeah, they're energetic little things. They're also really brave, and if you go out to your feeder and stand still long enough, they'll get really close to you. I've even heard that they'll eat out of people's hands if you've got the right seeds in it!

Anyway, thanks everyone! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 1, '10, 4:31 pm 
That's magnificent! This bird looks like it eats particularly well. ;)

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]