Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 

Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, '11, 11:19 pm 
New drawing! A Belted Kingfisher. The lighting is a bit weird, because I took this with a different camera (that's not my own) so I wasn't too good at operating. But it worked. But now I got myself a new camera, so I'll play around with it a bit so I can take a better photo next time (and this has been mailed to my parents). Anyway, this drawing turned out well, I think. Colored pencil and charcoal pencil. When a Kingfisher spots prey, they'll hover and then dive right into the water, and I wanted to capture a bird right before diving. However, I do think I shaded the tail a bit darker than I wanted and it covers up a bit more detail than I'd like. Oh well, such is life. A lesson to learn. :)

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri Jan 6, '12, 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, '11, 3:05 am 
Beautiful bird and you've done an excellent job drawing it! It reminds me a little of a bluebird or bluejay in some ways. I think you captured the diving part very well. :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, '11, 1:47 am 
Before I read your post, I was gonna say he looks like he's hovering in the air, waiting to dive down after a fish. :lol: So I'd say you captured that aspect excellently. I like the way he's sort of looking back at the viewer, too, as if he's thinking: don't mess with my fish! Great work, CW. :D

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]