Bigfoot

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Do you believe in bigfoot?

Yes - bigfoot is real.
50%
No - bigfoot is phony.
No votes
Undecided
50%

Total votes : 4

Bigfoot

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 3, '09, 8:52 am

Well, this was really just a bigfoot hoax instead of an actual bigfoot sighting! I thought it was kinda funny, though, but I'm sure that lady didn't think it was funny at all.

Bigfoot Hoax

But, reading this story got me to wondering, do you believe there is a real bigfoot out there somewhere, or not?

Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Bigfoot

Postby Lucas » Fri Jul 3, '09, 12:24 pm

Personally I don’t' know. In Australia we have a similar creature called a Yowie that fits all of Bigfoot’s characteristics, only it lives in very arid bushland towards the Northern Territory. Whether they are real bipedal ape creatures or just hoaxes is anyone's guess.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 3, '09, 6:40 pm

I'm on the fence about this one as well. I've heard of a few sightings that turned out to be hoaxes. Some have never been explained, though. With all the different variations of the the legend - Bigfoot, Yowie, even Yeti - I think there could be truth to at least one version somewhere.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jul 4, '09, 9:08 pm

I have heard about many of the hoaxes everywhere, but I have an open mind when it comes to this because there is still so much out there in wilderness places that we still do not know about. New species and discoveries of many animals and other things are being found everyday. I won't rule it out.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby bretlin » Wed Jul 8, '09, 6:55 pm

Before I took Anthropology in college (this was quite a few years ago, so this should indicate how old I am, LOL), I was a bit iffy about the Bigfoot thing. I mean, I love reading anything dealing with cryptozoology, but I was not too interested in Bigfoot/Yet/etc. When I started Anthropology and learned about Gigantopithecus, an extinct genus of ape that was *the* largest ape that ever lived, I started thinking that maybe Bigfoot is really Gigantopithecus, and that a small group of them survived their supposed extinction of three-hundred thousand years ago.

Then again, as Silver_Surfer1 pointed out, there's a lot of unexplored wilderness yet to be understood. Same goes to the depths of the ocean and other vast stretches of land that are untouched by man. Anything is possible in our world.
bretlin
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Darkil » Fri Jul 10, '09, 2:37 pm

I did believe in the option that Bigfoot existed. However a few years ago I remember reading that the person who originated the photo of Bigfoot, who in turn was wearing a costume, passed away, thus ending the legend of if Bigfoot was real or not. I certainly do not doubt that there is a creature out there that may resemble that famous photo, but all in all I don't believe in his existance anymore due to that news story I read.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Return to Amazing Animals