Video game sales down

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Video game sales down

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jul 17, '10, 7:06 am

Video game sales are down for the month of June, continueing a trend of the last several months it seems.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... es-down-/1

Not very surprising considering the current economic woes that are facing so many people everywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if game sales start picking up the closer we get to the holiday season. People of all ages love giving and receiving video games for Christmas presents. :yes:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Video game sales down

Postby Thoul » Sat Jul 17, '10, 5:48 pm

Yup, people are skipping a lot of the "fluff" games. Those who do buy are sticking to the popular, big name titles to get the best value. A lot of people are spending on other things now too - summer movies, vacations, and the like. It will pick up around the holiday season and early parts of next year, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Sun Jul 18, '10, 2:09 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Video game sales are down for the month of June, continueing a trend of the last several months it seems.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... es-down-/1

Not very surprising considering the current economic woes that are facing so many people everywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if game sales start picking up the closer we get to the holiday season. People of all ages love giving and receiving video games for Christmas presents. :yes:

I hope we don't get a repeat of the gaming industry crash from 1983!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Thoul » Sun Jul 18, '10, 2:32 am

I doubt we're getting close to another crash. One of the big problems back in 1983 was overproduction of games. I think gaming companies have learned their lessons from that quite well.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to In the News