Super Bowl Football

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Super Bowl Football

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 29, '09, 8:36 pm

I think the Super Bowl game in football is happening this weekend, if I am not mistaken, or very soon. The two teams playing each other this year are "The Pittsburgh Steelers" and "The Arizona Cardinals".

Are you interested in football at all?

Do you plan on watching the Super Bowl?

Which team do you think will win the Super Bowl this year, The Steelers or The Cardinals?

If you are not interested in football and will not be watching this event for the game, then will you be watching to see the Super Bowl commercials which are always very famous, or will you be watching for the Super Bowl half-time events which are always very exciting and very entertaining????

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby LordShibas » Fri Jan 30, '09, 12:09 am

Well, considering I'm a Pittsburgh native, I think it's my duty to NOT care about the game. I really dislike professional sports, and even if the hometown team is playing in it, I choose to not watch it. My sister is having some people over her house for the game, so I'm going to stop over, eat some food and then leave.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jan 30, '09, 1:18 am

LordShibas wrote:Well, considering I'm a Pittsburgh native, I think it's my duty to NOT care about the game.

Ha ha, go you, LordShibas! :lol: Yeah, everyone up here in Northwest PA are huge Steelers fans. I think on Sunday I'm going to do everything I can to avoid the game. I just don't care. Everyone around here is already wearing their Steelers jerseys and what-not and here I am pretending the whole thing doesn't even exist.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 30, '09, 3:24 am

I don't care about football in general, so I never watch the Super Bowl. I might check out some of the commercials from time to time, but the event itself isn't important to me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby LordShibas » Fri Jan 30, '09, 3:33 am

Where are you from Caged Wolf?
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jan 30, '09, 5:11 am

LordShibas wrote:Where are you from Caged Wolf?

I'm originally from a little town in the middle of nowhere, but right now, I'm in Erie attending college. And actually, I'm hoping to be in Pittsburgh once I attend grad school in fall.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby hugues » Sat Jan 31, '09, 1:52 am

I am a pretty big football fan but not sure who to cheer for in this game. I'm leaning towards the Cardinals since it's been 60+ years since they've won a championship. On the other hand, the Steelers are the better team and deserve it more. I'll enjoy the game whoever wins though, I hope it's a close game like last year.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jan 31, '09, 10:39 pm

hugues wrote: not sure who to cheer for in this game. I'm leaning towards the Cardinals since it's been 60+ years since they've won a championship. On the other hand, the Steelers are the better team

I share some of those same feelings, hugues. I know the Steelers are a "super" team and have won many championships before, however, I am also fond of the Cardinals (the Cardinal is one of my favorite birds). I'll be happy whoever wins, but my heart will be with The Cardinals most, I think. :clap:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby LordShibas » Sun Feb 1, '09, 12:49 am

I'm far too apathetic about football to care one way or the other. Well.....now that I think about it. I kind of want the Cardinals to win, then everyone in town will shut up for 5 minutes.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Feb 1, '09, 4:59 am

LordShibas wrote:I kind of want the Cardinals to win, then everyone in town will shut up for 5 minutes.

That basically sums up my feelings about all this as well. Tomorrow I intend to do everything I can to totally ignore the Super Bowl.

Wolf Bird

Next

Return to Entertainment