Best Video Game Quotes

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Best Video Game Quotes

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 19, '08, 10:02 pm

Here are the top 5 Best Game Video Quotes from msnbc.com:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27091948/

Do you agree with this list, or are there other video game quotes that you think should have made the list?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 20, '08, 2:04 am

I'm disappointed that they used the burger quote instead of "Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?" I don't get the GTA quote, either.

Well, at least All Your Base didn't get included in the top five.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Schala Zeal » Thu Nov 20, '08, 10:46 pm

"A winner is you" should have been on there. ;D
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Lemina » Thu Nov 20, '08, 11:39 pm

"Game over, yeah!" should have been on that list. The "Thank you Mario" quote was unquestionably epic though!
Thoul wrote:Well, at least All Your Base didn't get included in the top five.

I've heard of that quote! "All your base are belong to us!"

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 21, '08, 12:05 am

I nearly threw my controller the first time I played Super Mario Bros. 3. Got to the end, defeated Bowser, and what do I get? "Sorry, the princess is in another castle!" Argh! :muttering:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Fri Nov 21, '08, 11:34 am

Thoul wrote:I nearly threw my controller the first time I played Super Mario Bros. 3. Got to the end, defeated Bowser, and what do I get? "Sorry, the princess is in another castle!" Argh! :muttering:

lol that freaked me out too for a second there I didn't think that Peach was joking but she was :rofl: . Super Mario Bros. 3 was very fun game almost as fun as Yoshi's Island :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 25, '08, 3:32 am

Thats rather depressing. You think that I'd have heard at least one of those quotes, I mean, come on, it can't be the best if I havent heard of it. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Nov 25, '08, 5:06 am

The best GameOver screen was actually on a NES game. It was either Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street.
All it said was "You and your friends are dead."

Screwed up game but great GameOver screen.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Nov 25, '08, 4:00 pm

Trenzer wrote:The best GameOver screen was actually on a NES game. It was either Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street.
All it said was "You and your friends are dead."

Screwed up game but great GameOver screen.

I've heard about that one, even though I've never played the game...I think it's Friday the 13th that you're thinking of. It's almost depressing to have a game over screen like that. But really, when it comes to game over/death screens, I like the 'I'm finished!' game over screen in Kid Icarus, and in the sequel that is accompanied by Pit turning into an angel and floating up towards heaven...there's something redundant about that...XD
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Srijita » Mon Dec 1, '08, 6:04 pm

[face=Times New Roman]Most of the examples cited are unintentionally amusing. In the same category is this quote from "Chrono Trigger":

Crono’s mother: Crono! You had me so worried! I heard you were to be executed, dear. Stop scaring me like that!

This had me cringing because (1) it was so anticlimactic; (2) his mother did not put in an appearance at the trial or visit him in jail; and (3) she evidently wasn’t worried enough to do anything to help him. Leave that to his nerdy friend Lucca.

For genuinely impressive quotes, Jade Curtiss ("Tales of the Abyss") gets my vote.

Jade: I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm not interested in mutual wound-licking. I have no intention of covering for someone, just because they've committed the same sin as I.

Or how about this exchange:

Luke: Man, do you have any pride?
Jade: None so cheap as to be shaken by something as petty as this, sir.

These could have made it into the Quotable Quotes column in Reader's Digest. Priceless.
[/face]
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Next

Return to General Gaming