Best Sony System

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Which Sony system is the best?

PlayStation 1
20%
PlayStation 2
80%
PlayStation 3
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 5

Best Sony System

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 15, '07, 4:48 am

Out of the few gaming systems Sony has released, which one do you think is the best and why?

My vote here goes to the PlayStation 2. During the PlayStation 1/Nintendo 64/Dreamcast generation, I only bought a handful of games for each of those systems. Probably less than ten games for each of them. The PSOne had a good selection, but not that many games that interested me. The PS2, however... that's got a ton of games that I've bought or rented. Next to Atari and NES, I have more games for PS2 than any other system.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Sat Dec 15, '07, 4:55 pm

PlayStation 2 - it's the only one that most of the classic Phantasy Star games can be played on, so that makes it better than the rest. ;)
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Atolm » Sun Dec 16, '07, 4:20 am

I do not play them enough to have a real liking...

hmmm..

Maybe PS1. It had Vagrant Story and Xenogears.
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 16, '07, 6:03 am

PS1 too low tech, PS3 not enough games or much of a quality boost from the previous, PS2 Is the best. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Tech and Design