Nomad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sega CD 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sega 32X 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Saturn 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dreamcast 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Best Sega System
PostPosted: Fri Dec 7, '07, 9:54 am 
Out of the various systems created by Sega, which one do you think was the best of them?

My pick is the Genesis - with great games like Phantasy Star II, III, and IV, plus the various platformers, it stands out in this group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 7, '07, 6:24 pm 
I have to pick the genesis, mainly the fact that it was so good it was the only one we got, save for the game gear, which was rather lame of a handheld. XD

Post subject: Re: Best Sega System
PostPosted: Fri Dec 7, '07, 9:59 pm 
Thoul wrote:My pick is the Genesis - with great games like Phantasy Star II, III, and IV, plus the various platformers, it stands out in this group.
And it had the first Sonic games! :D But yes, Phantasy Star made it worth the while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 7, '07, 10:23 pm 
Other than the Dreamcast, I think it's hard to make the case for anything other than the Genesis. I think they're all great systems (yes, even the 32X) but the Genesis is the best by a healthy margin.

Hey, where's the Sega Pico? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 7, '07, 11:38 pm 
I forgot about Pico. :misspeak: Honestly, I haven't heard of it in years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 8, '07, 1:38 am 
My vote goes to the Dreamcast. It's probably my favorite system of all time. So many great games.

Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Bangai-O, Maken X, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (even though I'm not a big fan of this one) Carrier, Sword of the Berserk, Power Stone, Project Justice, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3....well maybe there's not too many games, and most of them have been re-made, but I still have my Dreamcast originals, and I find myself going back to it all the time.

Bangai-O is one of the greatest games ever made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 8, '07, 8:11 pm 
Genesis introduced me to the Sonic games, Ecco the dolphin and of course Phantasy Star.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 9, '07, 2:12 am 
Dreamcast for me; it had a lot of great and innovative games. The VMU and keyboard were great new ideas for a console.

Genesis is also great, but I think the Dreamcast beat it out by a very narrow margin.

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]