Most Offensive Video Games

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Most Offensive Video Games

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jan 7, '08, 7:39 pm

What do you think are the most offensive video games, and why? Here's a link to a site with the ones they have chosen. Do you agree with this list, or not, and why?

http://tech.msn.com/products/slideshow. ... id=5926552

I must admit, I never thought I would see any Mario game on an offensive game list, lol.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby DrkTr14ce » Mon Jan 7, '08, 7:49 pm

Uh...I am curious as to why they let Playboy do that advertisement, seeing as how Kane and Lynch have seemingly nothing to do with naked women.

I will disagree on Mario Party 8, because they put it up there for the sole reason of them using the term "Spastic". Come on, guys! Nintendo is Japanese, for god's sake! And besides, Spastic is a f---ing slang term made up probably by some unintelligent man. (There, I refrained from using the incorrect use of 'Retard'. Happy?)

As for Resistance: Fall of Man, I can somewhat rationalize the beef the Church has with them. However, I don't see a problem with it. It's a fictional game. It's not like someone's going to show up with a homemade Bullseye and start shooting up the place. Well, provided we Americans don't show up there. (Bad joke, I know.)

Wait...what the hell? Scrabble '07? For using the abbreviation? Oh, come on!

...The Darkness, yeah, I saw that one coming.

...Ok...I'm going to take a moment not to laugh at the thing on Lair. Kind of hard, because the controls were...uh...let's not mention those again.

Allright, my thoughts on this. I'll just wait for someone to yell at me for swearing, or disagree with my opinion.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jan 7, '08, 8:16 pm

DrkTr14ce wrote:Uh...I am curious as to why they let Playboy do that advertisement, seeing as how Kane and Lynch have seemingly nothing to do with naked women.

Probably just to attract attention or something like that, who knows.

DrkTr14ce wrote:I will disagree on Mario Party 8, because they put it up there for the sole reason of them using the term "Spastic". Come on, guys! Nintendo is Japanese, for god's sake! And besides, Spastic is a f---ing slang term made up probably by some unintelligent man. (There, I refrained from using the incorrect use of 'Retard'. Happy?)

Yeah, this one was very much a surprise to me too. I mean, Mario..... offensive????? Come, on! :rofl:

DrkTr14ce wrote:As for Resistance: Fall of Man, I can somewhat rationalize the beef the Church has with them. However, I don't see a problem with it. It's a fictional game. It's not like someone's going to show up with a homemade Bullseye and start shooting up the place. Well, provided we Americans don't show up there. (Bad joke, I know.)

Yeah, that was a bad joke! As an American, I am slightly offended by that joke! :wink: I get why they are offended by this game, I suppose, but I also think it is without much merit. However, these days, you never can tell. :hmm:

DrkTr14ce wrote:Wait...what the hell? Scrabble '07? For using the abbreviation? Oh, come on!

Hey, it's a word game! I don't understand this one at all! :?

DrkTr14ce wrote:..The Darkness, yeah, I saw that one coming.

...Ok...I'm going to take a moment not to laugh at the thing on Lair. Kind of hard, because the controls were...uh...let's not mention those again.

Allright, my thoughts on this. I'll just wait for someone to yell at me for swearing, or disagree with my opinion.

No yelling here. I pretty much agree with you on this one. :yes:
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 7, '08, 8:48 pm

Wow....how absurd. Mario Party 8? A SCRABBLE game? We're a prudish lot, we human beings, aren't we? XD

No yelling me from either...or disagreeing, really. These are games...I'm convinced that kids are better than their parents at distinguishing fantasy from reality.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby DrkTr14ce » Mon Jan 7, '08, 8:52 pm

>.> I knew someone would object to the joke.

For the record, I am American. But if anyone asks, I'm doing what Lisa (The Simpsons) did when they traveled to Italy (I believe it was the Italy one.), and claim that I am Canadian.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Jan 8, '08, 2:27 am

These people are dumb, I've played the darkness. Compared to Halo here! Ha! With all these modders people come up with stuff that would put that in the kids lot. XD

They should have some kind of restrictions on placing E rated games in the most offensive.

Lair? Never played it. However, I'm sure that the controls have everything to do with which what you spend your time doing. I got really good with lame ways of morphing controllers through a lot of these games. Plus, thats not really offensive. Its not insulting anything, even slightly. Or being cruel specifically to certain people.

The first one looked like an advertisement. That prolly the 1000000000000000th one of those I've seen. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby DrkTr14ce » Tue Jan 8, '08, 4:15 pm

It's a joke, Sparky. They're saying the controls are so bad, they're offensive to people.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Jan 9, '08, 6:01 am

*tortures them for making such a thing*
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby DrkTr14ce » Thu Jan 10, '08, 7:33 am

Hey hey hey! (Pulls Sparky away) Easy on them, allright? At least they had the guts to try to make something out of the SIXAXIS thing..

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Jan 10, '08, 10:40 pm

Six Axis? Is that some newfangled word for up, down, forward, backward, left and right?

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Tech and Design