Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best Remakes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 9, '08, 11:25 pm 
Remakes and re-releases are everywhere in video games. Companies like Sega, Nintendo, and SquareEnix love to take their older successes, polish them up, and then sell them again. What are some of your favorite remake games?

Two that top my list are Skies of Arcadia Legends and Wild Arms: Alter Code F. Arcadia Legends is just different enough to make the game more interesting without losing anything from the original. WA: ACF is like a completely different take on one of my favorite PlayStation games, but still similar enough that I remember some of the scenes from the original.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, '08, 12:38 am 
I loved WA: ACF, you don't know how long I waited for the game after I saw that small image in a gaming magazine many years before its release. I kinda liked Romancing Saga Minstral Song, its basically like the original version just updated but it just didnt have the same feeling as the original. Now Tales of Destiny Remake has to be the single most best remake ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, '08, 5:01 pm 
It makes me so sick to think about all of the great Tales games that the US never gets. So many great remakes. I heard the Phantasia PSP remake is great.

As for games. I'm currently enjoying Final Fantasy 1 in Dawn of Souls for GBA. I think it's quite a step up from the original game.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is also an impressive overhaul on an already impressive game.

Last edited by LordShibas on Thu Jan 10, '08, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, '08, 10:44 pm 
I don't know, I've never really liked it when games were remade, because it always seemed like the people who made them had opposite opinions as me. XD

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]