Best or Epic video game quotations

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Best or Epic video game quotations

Postby Zio_Falz » Wed Feb 18, '15, 8:13 am

my vote goes for Final Fantasy Tactics: the original PSX version.

"Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God."--Delita

(And no, this is by no means any type hate speech ( at least from me;) it was just the first time that I put down a videogame controller and truly thought to myself, "wow" but if you are offended by that, than if they just stay away from Xenogears, though I doubt bunch of us aging gamers have not played either game on the original PSX anyway)
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Re: Best or Epic video game quotations

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Feb 18, '15, 3:08 pm

"As bad as those things are, at least they're predictable. It's the normal people that scare me." - Bill, The Last of Us.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?" - Vaas, Far Cry 3.

"You and West Dickens are so crooked you could swallow nails and spit out corkscrews." - John Marston, Red Dead Redemption.

That's enough for now.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Feb 18, '15, 4:34 pm

"You spoony bard!" - Tellah, Final Fantasy IV.

"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!" - Garland, Final Fantasy.

"I feel asleep" - Random dude, Metal Gear for NES.

"This story is happy end" - Ghosts 'n' Goblins ending

"The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?" - Epic Secret Service agent, NES Bad Dudes intro
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby augmentedfourth » Wed Feb 18, '15, 4:44 pm

I've always loved the last line of the Synthesis ending of Mass Effect 3, spoken by EDI, the AI who gradually becomes more human throughout the games: "Because of her, I am alive, and I am not alone."
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Snorb » Wed Feb 18, '15, 5:46 pm

(Why yes I do enjoy old PC games from the 1990s =p)

Gimlak: (responding to you saying "You are more ugly") More ugly than what I see on my screen? That is difficult to believe. Yours is a vision of such repulsiveness that I will terrify my children and grandchildren for decades to come with tales of the hideous beings from beyond the stars. ~Solar Winds, Episode 1: The Escape

Osyluth: You have allied with the enemy, Velasquez! Now you ARE the enemy!
You: Being on my enemy list is a bad place to be, Osyluth! In case you haven't been keeping score, all of my enemies are DEAD!
Osyluth: Not this one! ~Traffic Department 2192, Mission 59: Last Kill and Testament

CJ: ...Grove Street. Home. At least before I (messed) everything up. ~Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Last edited by Snorb on Wed Feb 18, '15, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Feb 19, '15, 4:42 am

Slightly edited quote, removing one curse word.

"Tell them that... Ellie is the little girl... who broke your finger." Ellie, The Last of Us

Non-edited.

"You crunch a roach under your heel, you don't worry about what it's feeling, you just grind it into the pavement." - Rusty, LA Noire

"I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well." - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Snorb » Thu Feb 19, '15, 5:49 pm

The Sierra Adventure Game Mini-Special!

Narrator: The powerful quad-quark drives rev to life! Time and space bend under the fibrulations of the time-rip transflexor! Your adrenaline (and stomach!) reel with the hyperbolic hyperbole! And finally... finally! ...nothing happens. You're already there, Roger! ~ Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Prince Alexander: (casting the Magic Paint spell) Magic paint, black as ink,/Bring to life what I think./Make it real, what I draw,/According to this spoken law!

Prince Alexander: (casting the Magic Rain spell) Clouds of thunder, shafts of light,/Come and sup with me tonight!/Waters three have I for tea,/Come brew a tempest now for me!

Prince Alexander: (casting the Charm a Creature of the Night spell) Creature of the night, to me succumb!/Fire and brimstone leave thee numb;/Purity bind thee like a chain/To do what ere I now ordain!

~King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow, and this is STILL some of the best writing ever in a computer game, even 23 years later.

Narrator: [after the Prince of Shapeir's first fight in the game] In a bitter battle, you were better than the Badders! (You kicked some butt, too.)

Narrator: [after killing a Vorpal Bunny and looking at the remains] The cute, innocent (well, maybe not EXACTLY...) little bunny has been viciously slaughtered and now it looks like a roadkill.

Narrator: This book on climbing techniques is written entirely in one-syllable words; evidently it was tailor-made for Fighters.

Narrator: [reading a tombstone in Mordavia's graveyard] Mikhail Mehd/Bumped his head/In another man's bed,/Now he's dead.

Narrator: [another tombstone] Arken Tenna walked at night,/Arken saw his final sight./Now the question seems to be,/What in the world did Tenna see?

Narrator: [after a sidequest to turn Mordavia's Chief Thief into a human, you can kill him. If you talk to his corpse...] The Chief Thief must be mad that you murdered him. He's not speaking to you!

~Quest For Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Postby augmentedfourth » Thu Feb 19, '15, 7:37 pm

Ugh, Snorb, I can't believe you left out the King's Quest quote, probably the most well-known of the entire series.

"Graham, watch out! A POOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIsonous snake!" - Cedric, KQV

:mrgreen:
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Snorb » Thu Feb 19, '15, 9:59 pm

I thought everyone knew about Cedric and the POIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIsonous snake, A4 =p

Ray: (crossing the streams with him) Technically, crossing the streams is a fireable offense, Junior!

Egon: We eat gods for breakfast!

~Ghostbusters: The Video Game (the good one)
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!

Snorb

Postby Neifirst » Wed Mar 11, '15, 4:46 am

"Alvis, you DASTARD!"

~Sigurd
Neifirst
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 20

Next

Return to General Gaming