PSII - PSIV Techs

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

PSII - PSIV Techs

Postby Heikabuchi » Tue Nov 20, '07, 9:38 pm

Did anyone else have a hard time remembering what techs did what? Growing up with PSIV, I had a hard time figuring out the techs of PS2 and PS3. I recognized a handful of them, but a majority of them made no sense whatsoever. Why do you think the techs changed?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:42 pm

lol, different creation team perhaps. I always got confused with what technique did what. Just a while ago I switched Legeon, and Efess. Plus there were the ones that I never wanted to use fearing they would do something really dumb and waste my magic, lol Hahn's vol, and Savol for example, I thought they only hurt a couple enemies, rather than eliminating them. I get Deban and Saner mixed up, and PS3s techs make me confused even more seeing as how there are some that do completely different things. I can't say too much for PS2 seeing as how the only tech i ever got was Tsu? I think? I can't remember for the life of me.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:48 pm

XD Yeah.. Like Deban increases defense in PSIV, but stops monsters from attacking in PSIII. x_X
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:49 pm

Yeah, aside from the Res, Foi, and Wat families and Deban, I can barely remember what any of them do. I have no clue about half the techs in PSII or any of the non-healing and attack techs in PSIII.

That's one thing I love about modern games. They've got built in descriptions of all the attacks so you don't need to keep the manual around all the time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:51 pm

Aye. I never even touched the techs in PSIII. The attack menu isn't exactly user freindly.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 20, '07, 11:01 pm

lol, my older brother revolves around his techniques in PS3. He uses Forsa alot.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Wed Nov 21, '07, 8:14 pm

I used a cheat sheet for PS2. ;) It had such weird names that I still don't know most of them. In PS3 I just used the auto battle and some of the mass effect techs, like Gra.

Most of the techs in PS4 aren't that bad. Once I figure out what they do, I can usually remember it. PS1 was really the best in this area. "Fire" may be simple, but at least you know what it does!
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 22, '07, 12:46 am

PSII - I knew everything except for what Hugh and Kain's techs did, so I never used them. :lol:

PSIII - I only used Heal techs for the most part. Never touched Time or Melee techs, (though I knew what Melee did, and Time was confusing for me) but I also used Order techs to some extent. Most for Fanbi, though.

PSIV - I knew what most of the techs did, but I didn't use them all. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 22, '07, 1:45 am

Haha. And here I thought I was odd for not making use of the techs from PS2 and PS3. xD
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Return to Classic Series