Best Mid Boss

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Who was the best mid game boss?

Dark Force #1 (PSIV)
No votes
Dark Force #2 (PSIV)
No votes
Dark Force #3 (PSIV)
No votes
Dr. Mad
No votes
Juza
No votes
Lashiec (PSIV)
7%
Lune
No votes
Neifirst
43%
Nightmare
No votes
Rulakir
No votes
Siren
7%
Xe-A-Thouls
No votes
Zio
14%
I can't decide!
14%
Feh! They all stunk! This other one was a lot better...
14%

Total votes : 14

Best Mid Boss

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 20, '08, 10:33 pm

Minions! No evil overlord can conquer the world with out them. Sometimes the minions don't know they are minions, but others are devoted followers. They all make for a good middle of the game boss fight, though. Out of all of the minions listed above, who do you think was the best and why?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Schala Zeal » Thu Nov 20, '08, 10:43 pm

SPOILERIFIC!
Neifirst for sure. I think it was because of the whole "the-Neifirst-scene-is-my-favorite-scene-in-the-whole-game" kind of thing rather than Neifirst herself. :rofl: I thought that the scene was very interesting when I first played through Phantasy Star II. It was, of course, kind of sad as well. Neifirst herself had interesting motives; she was doing an awful thing, but I couldn't exactly blame her for what she wanted to do.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Celeith » Thu Nov 20, '08, 11:02 pm

I know its not mid game its somewhat right there towards the mid game but I'm gonna say Lyle in PSIII. Its actually great that a party member of yours actually wants to fight you. Especially in a 1 on 1. Now if you're extremely underlevelled and its your first time through the game when Lyle decides to fight you you are probably gonna be taken by suprise and most likely almost lose if he unleashes some of his good attacks. And I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Lyle's stats increase some the higher level he is in your group? I don't know cause my guys were close to their low 30's and Lyle seemed to give me a good fight. I only grinded cause I was bored and was replaying my savestate on my PS2 genesis collection and just messing around with stuff.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lemina » Thu Nov 20, '08, 11:17 pm

Neifirst, no questions asked~ Solo-ing her with Nei was the highlight of the game. :yes:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 21, '08, 8:51 pm

Personally I just can't decide. Neifirst is great, but Lashiec is an excellent challenge. And Zio just oozed villainy like nobody else.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rudo » Wed Dec 3, '08, 5:19 pm

I'll go with Neifirst. I like the "most of them stunk" option too. :p
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Sixfortyfive » Wed Dec 3, '08, 8:45 pm

I went for Neifirst and I don't even like PS2. That's how much I like that subplot.

Lashiec isn't bad for the 2000-year rematch factor, either. Dark Force 3 is kinda neat, having him in your party for a little while and all.

Why is Juza even listed? lol
Sixfortyfive
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Dec 4, '08, 1:18 am

I'm going to go with Zio. Unless you've played the game before, I think players would think Zio is the main villain for the entire game, as Dark Force isn't even mentioned until you meet him for the first time. Plus...I have to agree with Thoul, he just has that EVIL aura on him. Last, he makes a great challenge for the first major boss fight in the game.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Snorb » Thu Dec 4, '08, 3:22 am

I went "They all stink and are fired as midboss" route. =p

So, my choice for favorite midboss is Sari Satera. Sure, you might not have a chance to fight her, depending on who you marry in Phantasy Star III, but she's my favorite because she's good looking, and she joins the party after you beat her.

And yes, she's just as strong on your side.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 4, '08, 4:29 am

Sixfortyfive wrote:Why is Juza even listed? lol

I was reaching for a few more names and he popped into my head. :lol:

I completely forgot about half the mid bosses in PSIII when making the poll. Good think I put the "other" option in there just in case.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Classic Series