"I Hate Love" Songs

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

"I Hate Love" Songs

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Feb 14, '08, 8:19 am

Are you " not " in the mood for romance on this Valentine's Day? Then here's something for you possibly. A list of the Top " I Hate Love " songs.

Check it out:

http://music.msn.com/music/features/ant ... e?GT1=7702

Can anyone think of any others to add to the list?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Thu Feb 14, '08, 8:58 pm

I think some people get too worked up over Valentine's Day and look at it negatively. I can't blame some people, though, as everyone has their reasons.

As for the list, "Love Stinks" was the first song that came to mind, so it was amusing to see it at the top of the list. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Reno » Sat Feb 16, '08, 5:10 am

Tsunami wrote:I think some people get too worked up over Valentine's Day and look at it negatively. I can't blame some people, though, as everyone has their reasons.

Aye, many people view it as being way too materialistic and that it's just another great way for people to drop thousands of [insert currency here] on sparkly gemstones that do absolutely nothing but sit on a finger until it falls down a drain 'cause someone decided that oiling it up with soap and then scrubbing their hands vigorously until everything, (sparkly gemstone included) is at the bottom of their drain was a good idea...

Run-on sentences aside; I'm not against it, I think it would be great if everyone could give a lil' gift of love every now and then, I just don't like the kind of attention people think they should give the holiday. A card, maybe a few flowers, is a great way to say, "Me cares for YOU!" but I just get sick of how the people around me celebrate it...

Tsunami wrote:As for the list, "Love Stinks" was the first song that came to mind, so it was amusing to see it at the top of the list. :D

List? Oh, right! The original topic! Right, I really can't think of any songs that would fit that category that I know personally. There are however many, "I Hate the World" songs, which come very close in subject matter... Sorry... This post isn't really on topic...
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Feb 17, '08, 6:31 am

Never heard of any those songs. lol. Valentines day hasn't been as bad as this year before for me. Like usually people will go around all their friends and give out funny little nothing cards. But this year I got nothing really. Just one and it actually said, "This is not a good day for me." WHAT KIND OF V. DAY CARD IT THAT?!?! So later I went out into my back yard, sat on the grass and watched the stars with my cat, then wrote a depressing V. Day poem. :rofl:
Yeah but this year everyone just seemed to make a big deal out of not having a close friend by now. And it was this big thing. And the school just rubbed it in and made it worse. And my friends all said it was one of their worst too.(though one of them was pretty much sleeping on the other at lunch :yaknow: :lol: ) Wasn't the best one yet. Made me a little sad this year. Plus the school made the day before SAD day. Haha. Single Awareness Day, all singles are required to wear white. It pretty much the ultimate, "Hey I'm desperate!" :boggled:
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Tootin' Tunes