Best Dark Force?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Which game had the best Dark Force?

PSI (the nightmare, Saccubus)
6%
PSI (final boss)
No votes
PSII (optional boss)
12%
PSIII (final boss)
24%
PSIV (Fight against Zio)
12%
PSIV (Kuran)
6%
PSIV (Garuberk Tower)
6%
PSIV (Soldier's Temple)
35%

Total votes : 17

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 3, '07, 10:19 pm

Lawl. True. xD
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 3, '07, 11:50 pm

Right, I had forgotten about that flipping to match the PSII Dark Force. Now that you mention it, I recall people using that as evidence to say they are the same Dark Force.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Best Dark Force?

Postby H-Man » Fri Sep 24, '10, 1:05 pm

I liked the idea of the Dark Force who attached and integrated(?) itself to the system on the satellite. It's general appearance was cool, too. The PSIII Dark Force does get some points for having a slightly-different face (IIRC) than the other incarnations, but I really like the Kuran Dark Force the most, at least in appearance. Given that the person who started this topic didn't specify the measuring sticks for us making our decision, I'll go with Kuran DF on account of its appearance and concept. Tally Ho!
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Oakley2284 » Fri Sep 24, '10, 1:35 pm

Personally, my favorite one is with the Zio one. I think he's more epic than the other because, that the first real boss i had to fight in this game. The other was too easy but him, thats another thing ^^ I was young when i played this game =D

I voted for Zio Dark Force =D
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Sep 24, '10, 10:55 pm

I always found DF2 in PSIV scary. Probably the second creepiest boss battle I can think of at the moment...
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Ome_Joop » Sun Sep 26, '10, 12:55 pm

Why is the PSII Dark Force an optional boss?
You can't finnish the game without killing it (can you kill something that cannot die?) and i always saw him? as the last real enemy (motherbrain and the earthlings were merely a little extra as the DF was the start of all troubles on Algo).
PSIII has something special (I like that music it's creepy but also the fact that it will attack with it's claws and it's easily the best animated enemy in that game as it moves more than only it's finger:) ) .
Ome_Joop
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 43

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Sep 26, '10, 2:54 pm

I've always liked DFIII from PSIV. Sure it sucked fighting it, but it's design was pretty awesome. I loved looking at it's sword for an arm and I wonder exactly how tall it is (I'm pretty sure it's kneeling). Imagine that running at you from across the room while all you have is a sword equipped.

Yeah, that's what I thought. =D
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Tanith » Sun Sep 26, '10, 4:04 pm

I can't believe that the PSIII DF has so many votes. That thing looked like a weird monkey, and it had a face in its crotch. It wasn't scary, it was hilarious!

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/PS3/Updat ... index.html

Scroll down to the end of the page. That sums up how I feel about PSIII's Dark Force.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Previous

Return to Classic Series