This made my day

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

This made my day

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Dec 5, '13, 6:35 pm

It appears that there is a good chance that Gojira (which, let's face it, is my favorite band if I'm being honest with myself…) will release a new album next year! That was definitely welcome news to see on my Facebook feed while taking a short break from writing a final paper! :D This is actually kind of big, as in their recent history there have been 3-4 years between releases. From Mars to Sirius was out in 2005, The Way of All Flesh in 2008, then L'Enfant sauvage in 2012. To have only two years between albums is kind of awesome. It may still not happen, but I'm going to hope. Several of my favorite bands are due for possibly releasing new albums next year, including Insomnium, Sabaton, Sonata Arctica and Scar Symmetry. To have all that awesome PLUS a new Gojira would utterly blow my mind.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: This made my day

Postby S4Blade » Thu Dec 5, '13, 10:43 pm

I listen to hardcore music. Are all of Gojira's songs pretty hardcore? I've never heard of them.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Dec 6, '13, 2:42 am

Gojira is VERY heavy. The Metal Archives classifies them as progressive-groove-death metal. The only band that even sounds somewhat like them that I can think of is Meshuggah. Most of their material is heavy and hard and MAN, do I love it. They can be a bit difficult at first because they are so heavy and the semi-clean vocals, but they grow on you. Here's a few of my favorites on youtube…and I love their cover art, for note. Their cover art is done by their drummer.

Ocean Planet, From Mars to Sirius

Oroborus, The Way of All Flesh

The Gift of Guilt, L'Enfant sauvage

This is probably my favorite song, not just of theirs, but in general.

I saw them live back in February and they utterly blew my mind. They completely raised the bar on live shows as far as I'm concerned. They were SO GOOD. Their finale was the Gift of Guilt and I nearly had a heart attack when Joe Duplantier started that opening riff. Pictures here and here
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri Dec 6, '13, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby S4Blade » Fri Dec 6, '13, 2:15 pm

Thanks. I will check them out.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Dec 11, '13, 8:34 pm

Maybe a bit late, but I strongly advise if/when you do check them out, look up their lyrics. They're utterly brilliant, but as is often the case with heavy music, can be a bit hard to understand right away. Some of favorite lyrics are from the last part of 'Ocean Planet' and 'A Sight to Behold'.

Wolf Bird

Return to Tootin' Tunes