Beautiful Fighter

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Beautiful Fighter

Beautiful Fighter

View Gallery Page

Beautiful Fighter

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Oct 6, '10, 8:18 pm

My first attempt at airbrushing my work instead of the usual cell-shading technique that I use. This is also my redesign of Alys, minus the gold cape ( Sari meets Kahlan of Legend of the Seeker ). That was just added to complete the composition. The file is a crappy .jpeg but if you want the hi-res version, just ask. :) I already made a wallpaper-sized version ( 1024x800 ), especially for a certain Alys fan-boy here. ;)

The title comes from a song that Rick sent me ages ago. It's in Japanese and the lyrics suit Alys very well.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Re: Beautiful Fighter

Postby MrKite » Wed Oct 6, '10, 8:24 pm

Excellent!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 6, '10, 9:47 pm

I second that opinion. Truly Excellent. Wow! :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Oct 7, '10, 1:16 am

opinion thirded! Well done, Lyla!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby H-Man » Thu Oct 7, '10, 1:54 am

Really good. Small critique: It looks like the sword is growing out out Alys' arm (which might be cool on a different level, but still). I mean, I can see the hand holding it, but it looks a bit strange.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Oct 7, '10, 2:46 am

Fun stuff, well executed but I prefer your cell shading material by far.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Xander » Mon Oct 11, '10, 4:24 pm

Alwiiight, so let's see what we got here then. :p

The colouring is very nice for one. Though I do prefer your cell style, but that could just be because I do something similar myself, this is by no means any less than what you've done. I'm guessing the thing with her right hand is the angle and the shape of the sword itself simply obscuring it. Though I will say that the fingers on her left hand look like they're bent back a little too far than is comfortable, but practice makes perfect. :)

By the way, is this the one you were speaking of doing in the re-design thread? Something tells me no, but I'm just curious.

Anyways, moar please! :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Oct 12, '10, 6:53 pm

I guess I'm gonna start being a critic again. x3

As mentioned before, Alys right hand looks likea sword is growing from it, but that's just the angle of where the sword is, so no biggie. Also as Xan pointed out, on her left hand her two finger or so look like they are in an uncomfortable position. I'm not sure what it is about the cape, but to me for some reason it seems out of place, when first saw it I didn't look probably and I thought they were wings. :|

But honestly, I like how you did this piece. I can honestly see how Kahlan fits into this. Also, I love the way you coloured this. Keep up the good work.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Artwork