Batman dies

Converse about your favorite literature and reading in this study.

Batman dies

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 19, '08, 9:22 pm

Okay, so officially this is not really talking about a movie, but more a comic with Batman, however we all know that wherever Batman goes, movies soon follow.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news ... titialskip

I don't know why they think they have to keep killing superheroes off. Why not just give them a better quality/quantity of life???

Do you think killing Batman off is the right thing to do???
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 19, '08, 9:35 pm

From what I've read about it, they aren't really killing him off. Just retiring him for a bit to have a replacement, then probably bring him back later. They did that about ten years ago though, so it's old ground.

I don't know why they think they have to keep killing superheroes off. Why not just give them a better quality/quantity of life???

The writers aren't creative enough to actually use the characters and the marketing people think it will boost sales. What they fail to realize is that after so many fake deaths, comic book death is a joke to the readers. Seriously, one time Spider-Man was killed off in one issue and brought back to life the next week. No reader actually believes this or any other comic book death will stick.

Besides, they'll just bring him back when the next movie comes out, if it takes that long, for movie tie-ins.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby luke » Wed Nov 19, '08, 11:53 pm

i think if they actually killed a superhero properly, it would make for a great story arc.
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby Celeith » Thu Nov 20, '08, 4:19 pm

Didn't they already do something with a new Batman in Batman Beyond? Does anyone even remember that cartoon? Where's youtube at, I haven't seen that cartoon in a long time.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 20, '08, 8:19 pm

Yeah. In that cartoon, the original Batman was still around, he was just too old to do the job. So he got a new kid to take it on.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Re:

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Jan 19, '11, 5:48 am

Kaloes wrote:Didn't they already do something with a new Batman in Batman Beyond? Does anyone even remember that cartoon? Where's youtube at, I haven't seen that cartoon in a long time.

Batman Beyond is pretty epic. It had a great storyline and introduced some very unique villains (only Bane, Mr Freeze, and Joker return). Plus it's interesting to see what has happened after the events of Batman The Animated Series.

Personally I think it'd be great if Batman Beyond was the next Batman film franchise, unless Christopher Nolan decides to make a fourth film, of course.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Re: Re:

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Jan 19, '11, 5:53 am

SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote:
Kaloes wrote:Didn't they already do something with a new Batman in Batman Beyond? Does anyone even remember that cartoon? Where's youtube at, I haven't seen that cartoon in a long time.

Batman Beyond is pretty epic. It had a great storyline and introduced some very unique villains (Bane, Mr Freeze, and Joker do return though, and I think there was an episode with Talia). Plus it's interesting to see what has happened after the events of Batman The Animated Series.

Personally I think it'd be great if Batman Beyond was the next Batman film franchise, unless Christopher Nolan decides to make a fourth film, of course.

Whoops, double post :duh:
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Mon Feb 7, '11, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Re: Batman dies

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 19, '11, 1:50 pm

Yeah, that was a great show. I don't enjoy it quite as much now. The new Batman was a high schooler and I've had enough of stories set in high schools to last me a lifetime. The show did come up with some interesting new villains and retakes on old ones.

Still, a Batman Beyond movie would be a good way to continue the franchise without covering the same old ground. Beyond has recently been revived in the comics, so DC is continuing the story. Most cartoons based on a franchise just get discarded after a few years, but this universe has a lot of life left in it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Feb 7, '11, 3:13 am

Thoul wrote: The new Batman was a high schooler and I've had enough of stories set in high schools to last me a lifetime.

Well, there's one time where we get to see the new Batman when he's older, and that's in the Justice League Unlimited episode Epilogue. I don't know if you've seen it yet so I wont spoil the plot, except that it takes place 15 years after Batman Beyond (so Bruce looks like an absolute mess, of course).
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 7, '11, 6:15 pm

Oh, right. I always forget about that episode because it was in JLU instead of Beyond proper. Seeing some more adventures from that period in Beyond, maybe even a bit earlier, would be great fun. I always wondered how the big reveal in that episode would impact Terry's family, particularly his brother.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Leapin' Library