Batman - Dark Knight

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Batman - Dark Knight

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 8, '08, 8:41 pm

I think the recent movie "Batman - The Dark Knight" comes out on DVD this week, maybe tuesday.

That will probably be one of the hottest Christmas Gifts this year.

Believe it or not, I still haven't seen that movie yet. Just waiting for the DVD.
Is there anyone else who has not seen this movie yet? For those that have seen the movie already, is it worth waiting for????

Here's an article I saw with the producer, I think it is, of this movie talking about future Batman movies, etc.:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... olan_N.htm

I agree with him, they certainly don't want to mess up a good thing like this.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 8, '08, 10:48 pm

I can understand what he's getting at, but I think most of those movies have two simple problems that can be easily overcome. The older series - Superman, the older Batmans - both changed directors for the later installments. Those directors completely changed the vision of the series from the previous films. With Batman especially, a lot of fans don't like the third and fourth movies because they were such a departure from the tone of the first two. If Nolan wants to avoid that problem, he should definitely come back for a third movie rather than waiting for the studio to get someone else.

The second problem is story overload - trying to cram too much into a film. Spider-Man 3 was really hurt by this. You've got Sandman, who has a very fleshed out story. There's also Harry, who becomes an enemy and later a friend. That alone is enough for a whole movie. But they also had to tack on the Black Suit and Venom, which could have filled out a fourth film much more easily. Batman and Robin is another great example - it introduced Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Bane, Mr. Freeze, and technically Floronic Man. Of all of them, only Mr. Freeze got a halfway decent treatment in the story. To be honest, I was very afraid Dark Knight would also hit this pitfall when I heard about Joker and Harvey Dent being in it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Dec 8, '08, 11:59 pm

The Dark Knight is worth buying. I'm buying it tomorrow after school. It is the best Batman movie I've ever seen in my life. I saw it in theatres one the second day it was out.

I also agree with Thoul that Spiderman 3 was really hurt by too much story. I don't really agree with Thoul too much about Batman and Robin, I actually found that Batman movie to be a very good one. Even now it remains one of my favorites.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 9, '08, 12:38 am

I usually enjoy Batman and Robin, too, but I still think it was overloaded. Bane, for example, was reduced from a mastermind capable of defeating Batman to a mindless brute. He acted more like a loyal dog than the guy hailed for breaking Batman. Ivy and Freeze were ok, but Batgirl and Bane added too much to it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Dec 9, '08, 5:09 am

I agree that Batgirl was not really necessary in Batman and Robin. I could see if they made another one after that which had Batman, Robin, and Batgirl in it that followed after this one it would be all right. Sadly however, there wasn't one and her character was not developed well enough. Bane however, could have had a bit more story to himself and a bit more brutal, but other than that, I suppose he was okay. So, I suppose I agree with you on that much Thoul.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 18, '08, 4:01 am

Well, so much for waiting, it looks like they have begun putting together the next Batman Movie already. They call it "Gotham", I think.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 048300.ece

Think I will make a new thread topic for this upcoming movie, so look for that.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 24, '08, 10:52 pm

It looks like the Batman movie "The Dark Knight" will not be shown in China:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 26, '08, 10:24 am

Hm... I bet it's because of that one line the Chinese business man says in the film. Something like, "What am I paying them for?" He was referring to the Hong Kong police. The government probably doesn't want to encourage the idea that the police might be corrupt.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Darkil » Fri Dec 26, '08, 10:28 pm

Well as if you don't need any more spurring on, that movie is CERTAINLY worth owning on DVD or Blue-Ray whichever medium you prefer. I've only seen it twice in theaters but a good friend of mine saw it 6 times at the theater and I would say it was certainly worth the money spent.
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 8, '09, 9:20 pm

More honors, nominations, and awards for "The Dark Knight":

http://movies.tvguide.com/Movie-News/Da ... 01307.aspx

Silver_Surfer1

Next