Banning Barbie

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Postby LordShibas » Sat Mar 7, '09, 12:08 am

Thoul wrote: only girls with guns are cool. :lol:

..........Yep......Sounds about right to me.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Lucas » Sat Mar 7, '09, 10:29 am

Yeah I gree with that statement too. I guess thats the way society is heading.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Mar 8, '09, 8:13 pm

Hmm. Seeing as how I'm a tad later to this thread than the rest of you, I missed out on all the fun. Oh well, time for my pair of pennies.

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind throwing a Barbie doll at this senator much in the fashion as the reporter who threw the shoe at former President Bush. And while yes, I do believe that there is a small claim to his statement about 'looks-over-intelligence', it's not a well-founded one. If his claim were exact, then the U.S. would reflect it more.
(Instead, I think that it's more of the Male population, methinks. Thanks alot, G.I. Joe. And yes, I am a guy being Sexist against my own Gender. )

And while I'm at it....the statement Darkil made about models? In more recent years, there have been god knows how many laws in Europe (and I believe the U.S.) that ban the 'size 0' models from participating. They finally realized that such a small size just wasn't...how to put it...realistic with today's average person.

To wrap this up....the senator is just proving that, to a now common extent, some of our figures in power are a bit...out of touch with both The People and Reality.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Previous

Return to Entertainment