BaNL DEMO released!

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: BaNL DEMO released!

Postby Solar » Sun Sep 12, '10, 9:31 am

Yesterday I was about to have that fateful combat with Zio (the first time) when it I had a fatal script error concerning some weapons. I should have taken a screenshot. Thank god you put a save/heal point before Juza.

EDIT: This probably occured because I unequipped Chaz of everything.

EDIT2: I noticed Vol deals good damage to Zio despite his magic barriers, but that's pretty cool, don't know if you intended it. Absolute damage, I guess you could call it.

EDIT3: I don't know how to get past the second area of quicksand that separates me from the Ladea Tower at the 'Eastern Peninsula'

EDIT4: Oh wow, I had to teleport to Termi to get there... I'd probably be stuck if I didn't have a second teleport stone? No wait. Teleporting to Termi doesn't consume one, but teleporting back does.

EDIT5: I dig the Ladea Tower music. Really, bleeding awesome. Also, you forgot to disable saving in that place.
Last edited by Solar on Sun Sep 12, '10, 9:31 am, edited 10 times in total.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby vontrapp » Sun Sep 12, '10, 3:12 pm

Geez I knew I should have bought a Sword at Mile for Alys, but figured on hitting all enemies instead :p Guess I need to update my play style really :)

Lyla how are you updating the demo? Are you rereleasing the whole package or just the rgssad file?

Edit: By any chance is anyone else not seeing the Time played or amount of Meseta in any of the screens available? I am just having to guess how much I have while buying things.

One last thing the music from the shops is that the town theme from Sword of Vermillion?
Last edited by vontrapp on Sun Sep 12, '10, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Solar » Sun Sep 12, '10, 3:43 pm

Eh. I was just about to kill Zio once and for all, but then something really weird happened. Everyone except Demi left the party. Seriously, what the hell.

Thankfully it happened only once.
Last edited by Solar on Sun Sep 12, '10, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Sep 12, '10, 5:28 pm

vontrapp wrote:Edit: By any chance is anyone else not seeing the Time played or amount of Meseta in any of the screens available? I am just having to guess how much I have while buying things.

You're probably missing a font. I'm not sure which font uses that part but make sure you download and install all the fonts from the first post.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Sep 12, '10, 6:15 pm

Solar wrote:Eh. I was just about to kill Zio once and for all, but then something really weird happened. Everyone except Demi left the party. Seriously, what the hell.

?! Wow, that's unexpected! What did you do to let a nasty error like that happen? I don't think I've ever encountered something like that yet during testing, and if my betas has run into it, they would have reported it...

That is seriously weird, and a serious error.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby vontrapp » Mon Sep 13, '10, 8:03 am

The Warehouse in Tonoe :cry:
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Sep 13, '10, 2:15 pm

Oh yeah, that big mess of a Slug can be a bit tricky to beat. Just make sure you're well-stocked up on plenty of Dispel Herbs. It gets rid off all negative status effects. I suppose I could give you a couple of hints here, and there's no need for level grinding. I beat it at lvl 8/9 with Alys, 8 with Chaz, 7 with Hahn and 6 with Gryz.

- First and foremost, make sure Alys is equipped with a sword, otherwise you can't use her OD.
- Buff your chars first round and have Hahn cast his Gelun on the Fract Ooze to greatly reduce it's attack.
- Do not let Alys and Chaz use their Crosscuts one after the other!
- Make sure they are buffed with both Shift and Vision for max damage. Al can pull off nearly 190+ damage like this. Same with Chaz.
- If you get hit with that horrible Bad Smell ability, get rid of the Poison immediately. It takes away 10% of your character's HP for every turn gone.
- Try to keep all of them alive. ;)

You can apply this strategy to most bosses.
Hope that helps.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Sep 13, '10, 2:56 pm

You can buy them in Tonoe for 120 meseta each.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Xander » Tue Sep 14, '10, 5:57 pm

You'll need to take a look at Rika's Recover ability Lyla. I got it today and tried it out in a fight, but rather than heal everyone it killed them as soon as it was cast. :o
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Sep 14, '10, 6:42 pm

I forgot there were two types of Recover, and I didn't even check them properly. I'm guessing Rika is at level 31+ now, though if you really want to get Alys up to lvl 35, then I suggest you go solo. She can be a pain to train, being the hardest character to train in the game, followed by Rune. Just a word of caution. If you get most of the characters beyond lvl 40, their stats will go a bit wonky, since this was only a demo, so I figured I didn't need to manually enter every character's stats until lvl 99. I only managed to do it with Alys, and 50 for Rune, I think. Entering stats manually and reconfiguring the enemies stats to match was a right pain in the butt, because by default, RMXP doesn't work with low numbers.

And about the compression problem with XP as well. It doesn't like games over 120mb in size, otherwise it won't encrypt properly. That's how we ended up with the graphics problem earlier.

Anyhow, I removed the buggy Recover ability, and replaced it with Demi's version.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More