BaNL DEMO released!

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: BaNL DEMO released!

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Sep 11, '10, 4:18 pm

Yes, it is a problem with the battle script I'm using, Solar. Unfortunately, I am no programmer, so the only way around this niggling little bug would be to "think before you act". I.o.w, do you really want Alys to attack all enemies, or do you want her to buff or cast a Tech? It's what I normally do. It's possibly the simplest solution I have right now.

And Xan, you said you were getting floored by Zio. What levels are your characters? Maybe you have the wrong armour equipped, because like I said in the very first post of the main BaNL thread, the right armour can mean life or death for your characters. Especially when going up against Zio. In this case, you need to equip Alys with both the Platinum Shield and Platinum Armour. It greatly reduces elemental damage, since out of all 5 characters in your party against Zio, Alys is the most vulnerable against Zio's Black Wave and Corrosion attacks. So is Gryz, but he's expendable. Cold, I know, but I purposefully made that battle one where you have to make sacrifices and consider which ally is your most valuable. In this case, try to keep Demi and Rune alive as well, along with Al.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 11, '10, 4:38 pm

Oh no, I only got floored by Zio because his barrier came back up. It wasn't really an issue of equipment. Think bashing against a wall until you run out of steam. :p Not that it matters now, seeing how I mopped the floor with him second time around.

As for levels; Alys is 25, Gryz 26, Demi 25, Rune 28 and Rika 26. Yes I know they're probably higher than usual for that fight, but I'm in no rush to complete the game and prefer to spend some time leveling up.
I haven't found the platinum armour so Alys is wearing Psy Mail like everyone else though she does have the platinum shield. Keeping her alive isn't a problem, though Gryz easily dies as you said. But a combination of Recover and Rika's Sar technique keeps everyone else alive. Then I just have Alys whack him with Rayblade for a bit. It's fun. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Sep 11, '10, 4:54 pm

The fun is far from over though. Get Al up to these levels and you'll have a ball:

Lvl 26: She can start using Nares. ( She can learn Res and Gires from Hahn in Piata after he leaves the group )
Lvl 28: She can Nathu the hell out of Zio.
Lvl 31: She can use Regen to bring every KO'd character back
And best of all:
Lvl 35: She can Megid the hell out of Zio. :D

Get Rika up to lvl 30 and she can the awesome Bubble spell to double an ally's HP. :D Just make sure to heal them as well. Oh, and she gets Recover as well.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 11, '10, 5:13 pm

Ah, I was wondering about recover, seeing how Demi leaves after Zio.

Anyhoo, now I've got the platinum armour there's not much else to do but grind like mad and get those techniques. I wasn't sure if they were in yet or not. :p

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby MrKite » Sat Sep 11, '10, 6:14 pm

Downloading the files now, but it's taking too long! :(
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby vontrapp » Sat Sep 11, '10, 6:26 pm

So far I'm having a blast I love the story and the new artwork it really feels nice to play, run into a few niggles with some wording that I will have to go back since I didn't note them down to give you the precise sections.

I am having a little trouble with the Blitz/Overdrive but this is more of a personal issue with my nerve damage I am finding it really difficult to get the key presses of in time and so I am having to rely on regular combat. However having read through here it seems the Overdrives may be more necessary the further in you get :(
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 11, '10, 6:32 pm

Overdrives don't require any key input, they work like regular techniques. You're thinking of special skills. A good way to do this is to press F12 to pause the game, take a moment to see what you need to press, un-pause and give it a go. After a few goes muscle memory takes over and they're a breeze. :)

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby vontrapp » Sat Sep 11, '10, 8:55 pm

Muscle memory doesn't help in this instance but thanks for the tip, even if I have the key combo memorised I am unable to keypress fast enough for it to work.

If the script is the same as ACBS script I think it only allows something like 0.4 seconds per keystroke as default.

Quick question if the key combo is not the overdrive system, how do you activate the overdrive I have had Alys's Overdrive full for ages but have only seen vortex available other than regular techs?

Anyhoo I'm still blundering around the central plateau right now, seems like i could do with getting a new sense of direction too :p
Last edited by vontrapp on Sat Sep 11, '10, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 11, '10, 9:06 pm

Depending how far you've gotten, you might not have it yet. You have to learn them. Alys' first overdrive skill is Hell's Fury, followed by Grandcross which is hidden. You'll see them in the techniques menu and can activate them once your overdrive bar is maxed out.
Note that some overdrives are weapon specific, so Alys needs to have a sword equipped to use hers, though equipping a claymore or great-sword won't allow her to use them.

As for central plateau, just head towards the southeast corner and you'll be out of there. It's easy once you know the way. :D
Last edited by Xander on Sat Sep 11, '10, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Sep 12, '10, 5:53 am

vontrapp wrote:If the script is the same as ACBS script I think it only allows something like 0.4 seconds per keystroke as default.

Yeah, it only allows 0.4 seconds per button input.

Quick question if the key combo is not the overdrive system, how do you activate the overdrive I have had Alys's Overdrive full for ages but have only seen vortex available other than regular techs?

Once an OD skill is available, it will turn yellow. Just to help you guys out, here is a breakdown of all the OD skills in the game and the level at which it is gained. The bar will also reset if your char is KO'd. There are also 3 levels of OD skills, but because this is a demo, only one level 2 OD skill is available ( Grandcross ).

Hell's Fury - Alys ( starts off with this OD, needs to have a sword equipped )
Triple Triad - Chaz, Lvl 8.
Frozen Miasma - Hahn, Lvl 7.
Conduct Thunder - Rune ( starts off with this OD ).
Ice Buster - Gryz - Lvl 11.
Black Hole - Demi ( starts off with this OD ).
Grandcross - Alys, hidden.

It seems you know the game out of your head already Xan. ^^ Anyway, I'm glad you're helping out the fellow Fringers here with the game.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More